Chili Cowboy Casserole (Slow-Cooker) is a no-Fuss, dump and cook, hearty Chili. The smell whilst cooking is heavenly !
By now, you should know I am a sissie when it comes to hot dishes !
This recipe for a chili Cowboy Casserole can be adapted to suit your tastes. More or less chilies,,,, up to you.
Mine turned out with just a hint of hot or maybe more like a medium heat.
Since it is made in the Slow-Cooker and needs no attention at all until done, you can go about doing whatever you like in the meantime.
I prepared mine, left it on low to do it’s thing and hubby and I left home to spend some time out with the kids.
When we returned, the house was filled with the most delicious smell and we could not wait to tuck in !
I would suggest that if you want to cook this in a shorter period of time, to set your slow-cooker on high and cook for 3 – 4 hours, otherwise, as per the recipe, 6 – 8 hours on low.
You may also like :
- Cowboy Breakfast (One-Pot)
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Paprika Beef Casserole (Slow-Cooker)
- Stir-Fry Recipes For A Quick Dinner
- Coca-Cola Meatballs
Chili Cowboy Casserole (Slow-Cooker)
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, large, chopped
- 4 Green Chilies, medium, chopped
- 1 kg Lean Ground Beef, cooked and drained if necessary (2.2 pounds)
- 6 Potatoes, large, skin on, scrubbed and cut into 1cm slices
- 1 can (410g) Red Kidney Beans drained, rinsed and drained again
- 1 can (400g) Tomato Soup Heat-n-Eat kind
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1. Combine the Onion, Green Bell Pepper and Chilies – place in the bottom of the slow-cooker
2. Scoop the cooked Ground Beef over the Onion mixture – season lightly with Salt and Pepper
3. Layer the Potato slices over the meat – season to taste again (lightly)
4. Pour the Red Kidney Beans over and finally the can of Tomato Soup – do not stir
5. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 – 8 hours
recipe source (adapted by me) here
Amount Per Serving Calories 752Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 150mgSodium 521mgCarbohydrates 80gFiber 10gSugar 8gProtein 60g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with crusty bread and a crunchy salad on the side.
Linked up at: Weekend Potluck – The Country Cook