Paprika Beef Stroganoff is a most delicious spin on the already popular Beef Stroganoff – Quick, easy stove top dinner, ready in minutes
Paprika Beef Stroganoff is a delicious variation on the traditional Stroganoff and the recipe is not even that much different.
Add some Paprika and you have a delicious and very tasty dinner ready in record time. The perfect dinner for a busy weeknight.
Not to mention that I love quick and easy stove top dinners !
We love the added fresh, whole and uncooked (besides a little heating) Italian Mini Tomatoes – what a burst, literally, of flavor to enhance the Beef Stroganoff.
And to top it all, this dish has plenty of sauce for everyone who likes a saucy meat topping over their rice or mashed potato. My daughter again, is not too much a fan of sauce and therefore I use a slotted spoon to dish hers up with.
You might also like our Slow-Cooker Paprika Beef Casserole
Paprika Beef Stroganoff
- 3 TB Olive Oil divided
- 900 g Beef cubed ( 2 pounds )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 Onions chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed or minced
- 250 g Mushrooms halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 2 t Paprika
- 2 cans (410g each) Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 t Sugar
- 3/4 cup Beef Stock
- 250 g Italian Mini Tomatoes ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Heat half the Oil in a large skillet or wok – brown the Beef over high heat until done to your preference – season to taste with Salt and Pepper – remove from skillet/wok and keep aside
- Add the remaining Oil to the skillet/wok – saute the Onion and Garlic until soft – add the Mushrooms and stir-fry until the Mushrooms are just tender
- Sprinkle over the Paprika and fry another 2 minutes – add the canned Tomatoes, Sugar and Beef Stock – lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced by half
- Add back the Beef, together with the Mini Tomatoes and Sour Cream – heat through
Serve over rice, pasta or mashed potatoes with a crunchy salad on the side.