Coca-Cola Meatballs are comforting, rich, tangy and saucy – my family’s favorite dinner choice ! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes (can also be served in smaller sized meatballs as an appetizer)
You should know by now that I am a Coca-Cola addict.
Not just any Cola – the real thing Coca-Cola, not diet or light. These Coca-Cola Meatballs are amazing !
I have found that when used in recipes it gives an amazing taste – sweet dishes are a little sweeter, but fuller.
And savory dishes a bit of a tangy taste and it adds richness to the recipe as well.
These meatballs can be made in golf ball sizes (which is what I did today) and served over pasta with the sauce for a delicious dinner.
OR make them a little smaller, insert a toothpick after baking and serve with the sauce as a dip at a party.
My daughter was home for the weekend and she is a huge fan of meatballs.
But I wanted to try a new recipe and found one on the Mr. Food website which you can find HERE.
***NOTE: You can also use a whole Green Bell Pepper : add half to the meatball mixture before forming into balls and half (as below) in the sauce.
More Meatball recipes you might like:
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 pound )
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 TB Water
- 1 Onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 t Salt, divided
- 1/2 t Black Pepper, divided
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce, (thick ketch-up)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, (***See note above recipe in post)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Spray a 20 x 30cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Beef, Bread Crumbs, Egg, Water, half of the chopped Onion, (half of the Green Bell Pepper, if using) half the Salt and half the Black Pepper – mix well and form into balls – place in a single layer on the prepared oven dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining Onion, Salt, and Pepper – add the Garlic, Tomato Sauce, Coca-Cola, Worcestershire Sauce and the Green Bell Pepper – pour over the meatballs.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes (turning twice) until sauce is bubbly and the meatballs are fully cooked.
Serving SizePer Meatball
Amount Per Serving Calories 106 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 39mg Sodium 262mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 3g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 10g