Coca-Cola Meatballs are comforting, rich, tangy and saucy – my family’s favorite dinner choice ! Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes (can also be served in smaller sized meatballs as an appetizer)
You should know by now that I am a Coca-Cola addict.
Not just any Cola – the real thing Coca-Cola, not diet or light. These Coca-Cola Meatballs are amazing !
I have found that when used in recipes it gives an amazing taste – sweet dishes are a little sweeter, but fuller.
And savory dishes a bit of a tangy taste and it adds richness to the recipe as well.
These meatballs can be made in golf ball sizes (which is what I did today) and served over pasta with the sauce for a delicious dinner.
OR make them a little smaller, insert a toothpick after baking and serve with the sauce as a dip at a party.
My daughter was home for the weekend and she is a huge fan of meatballs.
But I wanted to try a new recipe and found one on the Mr. Food website.
***NOTE: You can also use a whole Green Bell Pepper : add half to the meatball mixture before forming into balls and half (as below) in the sauce.
More Meatball recipes you might like:
- 450 grams Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 pound )
- 1/2 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce, (thick ketch-up)
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, (***See note above recipe in post)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Spray a 20 x 30cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Beef, Bread Crumbs, Egg, Water, half of the chopped Onion, (half of the Green Bell Pepper, if using) half the Salt and half the Black Pepper – mix well and form into balls – place in a single layer on the prepared oven dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining Onion, Salt, and Pepper – add the Garlic, Tomato Sauce, Coca-Cola, Worcestershire Sauce and the Green Bell Pepper – pour over the meatballs.
- Bake 50 – 60 minutes (turning twice) until sauce is bubbly and the meatballs are fully cooked.
Nutrition InformationYield 15 Large Meatballs Serving Size Per Meatball
Amount Per Serving Calories 106Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 39mgSodium 262mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutrition value is not always accurate