20 Minute Lavash Crackers – Savory Crackers in under 20 minutes – start to eat ! All standard pantry ingredients too. Use with dip, a salad topping or as a party snack.
These Lavash Crackers take less than 20 minutes to prep and bake. The dough is mixed, roll-out and sprinkled quicker than the oven took to heat up to the correct heat !
The crackers are ideal to serve with a dip, a spread, chicken (or other meaty) salad or as is, on it’s own to munch on.
I serve the Lavash Crackers with a chunky chicken salad. We simply spoon some salad onto the crackers and eat them by hand.
These crackers are crispy, but also chewy, which is exactly the way I like them.
The herb topping could also be anything you like – poppy seeds, chives, sesame seeds, thyme and so the list goes on. Or make a variety batch !
I have tried a few different herbs and seeds, but keep coming back to the Rosemary, which we really prefer, but it is always nice to have a different taste now and then.
You might like to have a peek at my Tzatziki Chicken Salad to serve with these Lavash Crackers. And the salad only takes about 10 minutes to make too !
20 Minute Lavash Crackers
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 t Salt
- 2/3 cup Water
- 1 extra-large Egg White
- extra Egg White for glazing
- Sea Salt Flakes to taste
- Fresh Rosemary chopped, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line 2 baking sheets with baking paper
- Mix together the Flour, Salt, Water and Egg White – knead 5 minutes until smooth and elastic
- Break into 8 balls – thinly roll out – oval, round or however you like
- Place onto the prepared baking sheets – brush with the extra Egg White – sprinkle with Sea Salt and Rosemary
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes until bubbles form and is golden