Refreshing, delicious Berry Rose and Basil Cooler ! This recipe includes an Alcoholic AND Non-Alcoholic version, therefore the whole family can enjoy.
This is such a pretty drink and once you taste it, you will see that it is just as delicious. The deal breaker for me in this Berry Rose and Basil Cooler is most definitely the Basil.
I think only Basil can give a drink that extra oh yeah! taste, if you know what I mean ! This post has actually been sitting in draft from somewhere in December last year, but I only remembered to share this now.
Anyway, since I started to make the Cooler last year, around the middle of our Spring, I have made this, so refreshing, drink numerous times again.
However, I usually use sparkling Grape Juice instead of the Rose Wine, unless we have people over, who like a light alcoholic drink.
I also make my **ice-cubes** in advance by freezing pieces of berries in Berry Juice. That helps to not water-down the drink, but to still keep it ice-cold.
More refreshing Drink recipes you might like (alcoholic and non-alcoholic):
- Minty Mojito
- Malibu Summer Fun
- Mint And Pomegranate Apple Sipper
- Pina Colada Cocktail
- Blue Hawaiian Cocktail
Berry Rose and Basil Cooler
- 1 cup 100% Mixed Berry Juice
- 3 cups Rose Wine, (substitute with sparkling Grape Juice for a Non-Alcoholic version)
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, torn and slightly bruised
- 1 cup Frozen Strawberries, sliced, halved or whole
- Ice-Cubes, (see note in post)
- Mix together the Berry Juice and the Rose Wine – add the Basil and keep chilled
- Add the frozen Strawberries and Ice-Cubes shortly before serving
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 144Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 31mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 2gSugar 12gProtein 1g
Nutrition value is not always accurate