Fresh Fruit and Juice Slush Puppies – How to make your own (two ways) healthy and money saving Slush Puppies at home. So easy !
Fresh Fruit and Juice Slush Puppies are the most healthy drink of them all. Some people might say, it is water, but fresh fruit gives you so much more than only water, as any fruit contains water anyhow.
Still, I think a balance between fresh fruit juice and water should be set person to person. An adult is more likely to drink water than a toddler and all fresh fruit juices can be diluted.
I remember doing that when my kids had just started drinking fruit juice, diluting with mineral water.
This is such a simple recipe, if one could actually call it a recipe, it is more of a routine/technique, for lack of a better word.
As soon as we get seasonal fresh fruits, I start buying in bulk, which I then immediately prepare as below and I try to keep filling my stock as and when required.
This is also a good thing if you only want fresh fruit juice when it is out of season.
From left to right (all pics) I have:
- Fresh Mango Juice Slush Puppie
- Mixed Berry Juice with Fresh Berries
- Litchi Juice Slush Puppie.
These are the Fresh Fruits which are seasonal and hard to come by during Winter and also our favorite flavors.
You can mix and match Juices, dilute with Water, add Fresh Fruit to the ones you prefer and so on.
I am not giving you exact quantities as preference to thickness etc, varies from person to person.
These are only the basics to get you started (or to remind you that Fresh Fruit Juice, juiced by yourself, is way more healthy and delicious than store-bought)
Fresh Fruit and Juice Slush Puppies
- Mangoes fresh
- Mixed Berries fresh
- Litchis fresh
Clean, peel, stone and cube all Fresh Fruit (my Juicer can take unpeeled Fruits, but I prefer to do it the old-fashioned way first – you decide, and depending on your Juicer capacity) – place the Fruit in separate containers
- Use a Juicing Machine to extract all the Juice – one type of Fruit at a time – pour about 4/5 of the Juice into ice-cube holders and freeze. Keep the remaining Juice chilled in the refrigerator
- For the combined Slush Puppies – juice only 2/3 of the Fruit and follow step 2 – chill the remaining Fruit in cubes or whole if it is small Fruits
When ready to serve : Plain Slush Puppies (no whole Fruit added) – Add frozen Fruit Juice cubes in a blender – add some Fresh Fruit Juice and blitz until slushy – pour and serve immediately
- Slush Puppies with added whole Fresh Fruit – same as above – add Frozen Fruit Juice cubes together with Fresh Fruit Juice (a little less Juice than used for a Plain Slush Puppie) and some Fresh Fruit, cubed or whole, to the blender, blitz and serve immediately
You Might Also Like: