Crab Sticks in batter, fried within minutes for a delicious Appetizer or Snack and the Chili Sauce takes only 2 minutes !
Crispy Crab Sticks with Chili Sauce is a quick, easy and most delicious appetizer or snack to enjoy with a glass of red wine.
These Crab Sticks are perfect to serve to guests as an appetizer. Hubby and I usually enjoy these crispy fried delights as a snack.
I love the recipe because both the batter and the sauce only takes minutes to prepare. Frying, depends on how many you make, but ours are done in under 15 minutes on average.
If it is a last minute decision, and the Crab Sticks are still frozen, I place the, still sealed, bag in a bowl of room temperature water for a little while, and fry the Sticks over medium heat and not high heat.
It does take a little longer this way. But I suppose if you really, really are craving a delicious snack and you do like Crab Sticks, it will be worth it.
We usually have Crab Sticks, as is (defrosted of course), which we snack on throughout the day. Supposedly, our way to start snacking a little healthier.
Now, these little fried Crab Sticks are not that healthy, but they are also not that bad and the sauce is so versatile. Once you taste the sauce, I am sure you will find many other ways to use it in.
More Snack/Appetizer recipes you might like:
Crispy Crab Sticks With Chili Sauce
- 10 Crab Sticks halved, (I used Imitation Crab Meat)
- 1/2 cup Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1/2 cup Ice-Cold Water
- Extra Cornflour to dust (Cornstarch)
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce (thick Ketch-Up)
- 1/4 cup Chili Sauce mild or strong
- 2 t Brown Sugar
- 1 t Soy Sauce
- 1 t Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 1/2 cup Water
- Combine the Flours, Baking Powder and Salt – add the Ice-Cold Water gradually until a thick batter forms
- Dust the Crab Sticks with the extra Cornflour
- Heat the Oil for deep-frying
- Dip each Crab Stick in the batter – deep-fry until golden – drain on paper towel
- Place all the Sauce ingredients in a saucepan – heat through over medium heat for 2 minutes – remove and transfer to a serving dish
Serve the Crab Sticks with the Chili Sauce as an appetizer or a snack. (Excellent with a glass of Red Wine! … just saying!)