Refreshing, light Chicken and Nectarine Salad, with an Orange dressing, is quick and easy to make and makes the ideal lunch or light dinner on a hot Summer’s day
We are huge fans of Chicken salads, but coming up with new ideas are not always that easy.
Fortunately, we have a few recipes which are always welcome, like this Chicken and Nectarine Salad
I am sure by now you must have noticed that I meant what I said a few posts back, that we really like our salads for lunch or as a light dinner.
This year we were also extremely in luck with Nectarines, which could be difficult to find in stores some years.
Even our peaches were in abundance, but I prefer Nectarines to peaches in a salad.
Peaches, to me, are more for baking and desserts, or eating fresh as is.
Fresh peaches bring back lots of memories of my Grandparents which I will always cherish. My late Grandfather had one peach tree, just the one, but had the most delicious, plump and juicy peaches.
The Grapes together with the Nectarines makes a wonderful combination in this Chicken Salad.
You can always substitute the Arugula greens for your favorite – I am just (extremely) partial to Arugula in Salads or on Burgers.
You can also use any cooked Chicken, grilled, baked, leftover or store-bought rotisserie Chicken.
I like the Chicken Spice, as it adds just the right taste, and try to use to use it as often as I can, or I should say, have time to cook the Chicken myself.
More Chicken salad recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
Chicken and Nectarine Salad
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/8 t Ground Cumin
- 3 large Chicken Fillets, cut into strips
- 1 t Chicken Spice, or to taste
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 3 cups Arugula Salad Mix Leaves
- 1 cup Green Seedless Grapes
- 3 Nectarines, sliced
- 1/3 cup Almond Splinters (toasted or blanched)
- Black Pepper, freshly ground (optional)
- Whisk together the Dressing ingredients – keep chilled until needed
- Season the Chicken strips to taste with the Chicken spice – heat the Oil and stir-fry the Chicken until done – remove from heat and let cool
- Toss together the Arugula Salad Mix, Grapes, Nectarines and cooked Chicken – transfer to a serving dish or individual plates
- Scatter the Almonds over and sprinkle with Black Pepper (if using)
Amount Per Serving Calories 354.2Carbohydrates 12.4gFiber 2.1gSugar 11.1gProtein 23.2g
Serve immediately with the Dressing on the side or chill for 30 minutes to an hour.