Chicken-A-La-King (Low-Fat) is so tasty, no one will know this is a healthy, low fat version of this very popular dish.
This is my favorite go-to recipe for Chicken A La King which is much lower in fat as most other similar recipes.
Quick to make, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand, therefore when I need something tasty on the table at the last minute, this is perfect.
The diet I am on, is not really a specific diet. I do a lot of research on the internet regarding health foods which I am allowed to eat.
Low in fat, and specifically foods which will not cause a sudden attack of Pancreatitis, which I promise you, is very painful.
But, low in fat, does not necessarily mean I can eat it, vegetables like cabbage, too much onion, oranges, corn and white flours are just some of the food which is a no-no.
In the same articles, they also mention that it is only a guide and every person has to figure out exactly which foods to avoid. And different foods that could be on the bad list, might actually work for you.
Right, I did not mean to give a lesson here. Only trying to explain why a certain recipe might be healthy for me, but it might not work for you.
This was also the very first recipe I tried from the recipe book Gesonde Gesinskos. As I have already mentioned – it is a family favorite by now. I made small adaptions to the original.
More Low-Fat recipes you might like:
- Dump and Bake Beef Casserole (Low-Fat)
- Healthy Comfort Food (Low-Fat) – Round Up of recipes
- One-Pot Beef and Vegetables (Low-Fat)
- Healthy Low-Fat Recipes – Round up of recipes
- Lemon Chicken Schnitzel with Low-Fat Mushroom Sauce
- 4 large Chicken Fillets
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cubes Low-Salt Chicken Stock
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 packet White Onion Soup Powder
- 1 cup Fat-Free Milk
- 1/2 t Paprika
- Cook the Chicken in the Water and Stock cubes until fully cooked – remove the Chicken and cut into bite size pieces – retain 2/3 cup of the Chicken Stock
- Fry the Onion, Peppers and Mushrooms in a non-stick pan until soft – add the Chicken, the retained Stock and the Peas – cover and simmer 5 minutes
- Mix the Soup Powder, Milk and Paprika – add to the Chicken – cover and simmer over low heat for another 10 – 15 minutes
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Servings Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 88mgSodium 629mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 4gSugar 10gProtein 39g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve over Brown Rice with a Vegetable or Salad on the side.