Pork Meatballs and Broccoli Pasta makes a delicious, quick and easy, filling Pasta dinner and is ideal to make on a busy week night.
I have mentioned it quite often that I absolutely love pasta meals. Pork Meatballs and Broccoli makes the most delicious combination, add that to pasta and you have a quick and easy dinner.
Since my mom-in-law moved in with us, I am learning fairly quickly what she likes and what not, although she’s not a fussy eater and 99% of the time enjoy whatever I make.
I have noticed that she is a huge fan of Broccoli and so am I. Therefore I try to incorporate Broccoli into most meals where suitable and it’s just an amazingly simple, delicious meal.
Fresh Broccoli works better in this recipe, as frozen cooks too soft within minutes and you do want that crunch, crunch… with every bite.
You could make the Pork Meatballs from scratch, but by now you should know that I like the quick and easy way and just about always use Sausage meat to form meatballs in this type of dish.
I do like making my own meatballs from scratch, experimenting with different flavors, cheese stuffed and also various textures. But we’ll leave that until I share a juicy meatball recipe again.
The Dried Chili Flakes can be increased, depending on your preference or you could use fresh, finely chopped Chilies instead.
Pork Meatballs and Broccoli Pasta
- 250 g Pasta your choice ( 8 oz )
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli Florets chopped smaller
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 6 Pork Sausages (meat removed from casings and formed into meatballs)
- 4 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 t Dried Chili Flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese finely grated
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cook the Pasta as per the instructions on the packet but add the Broccoli midway through cooking – cook until Pasta is al dente and the Broccoli still crunchy – drain, but retain 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet – gently fry the Pork meatballs together with the Garlic and Chili Flakes until cooked through – between 4 – 6 minutes
- Add the cooked Pasta and Broccoli to the Meatballs in the skillet and lightly mix – add the retained Pasta liquid and warm through – season to taste with Salt and Pepper – transfer to a serving dish
Sprinkle over the Parmesan Cheese and serve
You Might Also Like: