These Peri-Peri Pork Chops are made in a skillet, in a delicious, spicy, hot Peri-Peri Tomato Sauce – perfect for dinner and especially hot-n-spicy food lovers!
Peri-Peri Pork Chops are so full of flavor – spicy with a delicious bite to it. We have Pork Chops quite often, and I am always trying to cook them differently.
Except when we are in the mood for my 1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops . (that will always be our number one favorite).
Kids might not like the sharp Peri-Peri taste, therefore you might want to use only half of the quantity below.
But if your kids love chili, they would most definitely be happy with these Pork Chops.
You will notice that I only remove the skin from the tomatoes once cooked.
This makes it much easier to remove and the Tomato would not cook away as quickly. Just hook your fork into a piece of skin and pull it off – very easy.
These Peri-Peri Pork Chops are also one of my very few Pork Chop recipes, which I make on the stove top.
I would mostly cook Chops in the oven or over the coals. Reminds me, I have a delicious Lamb Chop recipe which I also make quite often and is also made on the stove top.
More Pork recipes you might like:
Peri-Peri Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 4 large Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- 1 t Ground Peri-Peri
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 4 t Sugar
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 6 Pork Chops
- 2 TB Olive Oil (add more if necessary)
- Heat the Butter in a large skillet – add the Garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds – add Tomatoes and stir-fry 3 – 5 minutes
- Stir in the Bay Leaves, Rosemary, Peri-Peri, Wine and Sugar – stir through, cover and let simmer 10 minutes – remove from heat
- Using a fork gently lift off the Tomato skins (it will come off easily) – discard the skin and break up the Tomatoes with the fork (almost mashing) – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – keep aside
- Season the Pork Chops with Salt and Black Pepper – brush with Olive Oil and in a separate pan, sear over high heat until sealed and golden, but not fully cooked yet
- Transfer the Pork Chops to the Peri-Peri Sauce, cover and cook until done, tuning once or twice
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 269.8Total Fat 16.3gSaturated Fat 7.3gUnsaturated Fat 4gCarbohydrates 9.2gFiber 1.4gSugar 2.9gProtein 19.3g
Serve the pork Chops with the remaining Sauce over mashed potatoes, rice or with salads.