Hamburger Crunch is exactly as the name indicates – Crunchy, saucy Hamburger casserole and the ideal dinner on a busy week day.
Crunchy, meaty and saucy ! You get it all in this recipe for Hamburger Crunch. This is a delicious and quick dish which I have found whilst roaming the internet recently.
Ground Beef has always been one of the most versatile (and economical !) meats and I always have a couple of kilograms in the freezer.
Meatballs, casseroles, burger patties, topping for snacks, pastas, meatloaves – you name it and Ground Beef is usually the star in the recipe.
The original recipe was on Recipe Lion and you can have a peek at it here.
I adapted the recipe slightly. If, however, you prefer a less saucy dish, but still want all the flavor, omit* one can of the Tomato Soup and add a 115 gram can of Tomato Paste.
This is the Tomato Soup I use (the Heat-N-Eat kind)
We actually enjoy the sauciness and it is an absolute joy, to dip dinner rolls into it. Other than the dinner rolls, I only added a green salad.
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 675 g lean Ground Beef ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 2 cans Heat-N-Eat Tomato Soup see note below
- 2 t Garlic and Chili Powder
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 4 cups Corn Chips (I used Fritos)
- 2 cups White Cheddar Cheese grated
- Pre-Heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm (9 x 12 inch) oven dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Olive Oil in a medium pan and saute the Onion and Green Bell Pepper until soft – add the Ground Beef and cook until done
- Add the cans of Tomato Soup and the Garlic and Chili Powder – heat through and season to taste with Salt and Pepper
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared baking dish – top with the Corn Chips – bake for 20 – 25 minutes
- Remove dish from the oven – sprinkle with the Cheddar Cheese and return to the oven – bake until the Cheese has melted and is bubbly
If you prefer a less saucy dish, but still want all the flavor, omit one can of the Tomato Soup and add a 115 gram can of Tomato Paste instead
Serve with dinner rolls and salads (or vegetables).
You Might Also Like: