Quick Chicken Curry is a healthy, packed with vegetables, dinner meal which even the kids love ! A must-have recipe for all busy home cooks.
Quick Chicken Curry is one of our most go-to recipes when I have run out of ideas for dinner or we had been busy during the day, leaving us little time to cook dinner.
I do not always add the Baby Corn, but it is a nice touch and goes wonderfully with the rest of the ingredients – not to mention, adding color as well.
The Chicken Curry is so packed with veggies and you can even stretch the dish a bit more by adding some extra Beans, Broccoli or Mushrooms, either all three, or only or two of them.
None of the veggies take long to cook, and besides, you do still want that crispness, especially in the Broccoli.
Adding Coconut Milk is just a must for me, to any Curry dish as it provides so much flavor and if you feel like it, add more, a saucy Curry is the best !
I have found that the Soy Sauce adds more than enough saltiness, but you might want to check the seasoning a minute or two before serving.
By mixing the Cornflour with the Turmeric, you will have Chicken cubes with an awesome color, and it looks so very appetizing.
Quick Chicken Curry
- 6 Chicken Fillets cubed
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1/2 t Turmeric
- 2 cups Green Beans
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets
- 3 TB Olive Oil extra virgin
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Baby Corn
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 TB Curry Powder
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- Peanuts to serve ( optional )
- Cilantro to serve ( optional )
- Place the Chicken cubes in a bowl – pour over the Soy Sauce, stir through and keep aside for 5 minutes
- Mix the Cornflour and Turmeric – roll the Chicken in the mixture – set aside
- Cook the Green Beans and Broccoli in salted water for 5 minutes – drain through a colander – keep under the cold water tap for 1 minute – drain well – set aside
Heat the Oil in a large wok – stir-fry the Chicken until done - remove and set aside
- Add the Mushrooms and Baby Corn to the wok – stir-fry until the Mushrooms are just tender – add the blanched Green Beans and Broccoli – stir-fry another 2 minutes
- Transfer the cooked Chicken back to the wok – stir through
- Combine the Coconut Milk, Curry Powder and Buttermilk in a medium mixing bowl – pour over the Chicken mixture, stir and heat through
Serve sprinkled with Peanuts and Cilantro (if using)
You Might Also Like: