Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Apricot Kebabs are a tangy, sweet/sour/salty combination of Bacon, Chicken and Apricots. Winner at any barbecue !
Bacon makes everything better ! It is true :-). I am sure you have seen many bacon-wrapped-this-or-that recipes before and if you are a true bacon lover, you definitely have your own collection of favorites.
One of mine are these Bacon wrapped Chicken and Apricot kebabs ! Magnificent … even if I say so myself.
Throw in some sweet, slightly sour, Apricots to Bacon and Chicken and you have a tangy, sweet/sour/salty delight.
The marinating is only 30 minutes, thread the kebabs and grill – can not be easier.
I do not wrap each cube of Chicken in Bacon as I think that is a little much, but you can do as you prefer – wrap half, or all of them.
Do however, watch these kebabs closely when grilling as the added Jam, which is very sweet, also burns very easily. Watch and turn frequently and you should not have a problem and Chicken cooks so quickly anyhow.
I actually do like a little burnt edges on the Bacon, but not everyone does.
More barbecue kebab recipes you might like:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Apricot Kebabs
- 450 grams Chicken Fillets, cubed ( 1 pound )
- 150 grams Soft Dried Apricots, ( 3/4 cup )
- 1/4 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 125 grams Streaky Bacon, strips halved ( 1/4 pound ) see note below
- 1 TB Smooth Apricot Jam
- Place the Chicken and Apricots in a marinating container – combine the Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper – pour over the Chicken and Apricots – marinade for 30 minutes, turning the container once
- Wrap a strip of Bacon around half of the Chicken (retain the marinade) – thread the plain Chicken, Bacon wrapped Chicken and the Apricots alternatively onto 6 water soaked wooden or metal skewers
- Mix the leftover marinade with the Apricot Jam and use as a baste during grilling
- Cook over medium heat until the Chicken is cooked and the Bacon is crispy on the edges
- Use 250 grams ( 1/2 pound ) if wrapping all the Chicken pieces
Serving Size1 Kebab
Amount Per Serving Calories 398Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 84mgSodium 507mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 15gProtein 31g
Nutrition value is not always accurate