Bacon and Cheddar Loaf with all the gooey cheese and crispy bacon make this cheat’s type bread a delectable snack or appetizer [great on Game Day!]
Another Bacon related post ! I love this Bacon and Cheddar Loaf as we have it as a snack, appetizer, lunch, light dinner or to nibble on while we wait for the big game to start.
There is always a big game about to start over weekends in SA !
This is a 100% Cheddar and Bacon lovers dream snack or however you serve it. Gooey, melted cheese, with bits of crispy Bacon … drool-worthy, I promise !
I cook the Bacon way ahead of time, let it cool slightly. Mix with the other ingredients, scoop into the sliced bread.
And all that is left when it is time to serve is a quick bake in the oven, or on the grill if you prefer to go that way.
We literally could not stop eating these scrumptious slices – good thing we had it as a light dinner 😉 !
Actually we had light dinners fairly often these past couple of weeks, as we are busy in Cheri’s room with some minor, and other not-so-minor, changes and makeovers.
No matter how [ or when ! ] you serve these delicious Bacon and Cheddar slices – just.make.them already !
More Snack recipes you might like:
Bacon and Cheddar Loaf
- 2 French Loaves (Baguettes)
- 2 cups Cheddar, grated
- 200 g Bacon Bits, cooked ( 7 oz )
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 TB Dijon Mustard
- 2 t Lemon Juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F)
- Slice the French Loaves into 2.5cm (1 inch) slices, but not all the way through the bottom crust
- Place each loaf on a piece of aluminum foil, large enough to wrap the loaf
- Combine all the remaining ingredients – scoop into the open slices – wrap the loaves in the aluminum foil
- Bake 15 minutes or until the Cheese has melted and the loaves are heated through
Serving Size1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 304.8Total Fat 13.8gSaturated Fat 7.9gUnsaturated Fat 4.6gCarbohydrates 33.7gFiber 2gSugar 3.1gProtein 11.1g