Paprika Beef Casserole (Slow-Cooker) is so very tasty ! Easy recipe using everyday ingredients, but tastes amazing!
If you like the taste of Paprika this recipe is definitely for you. Paprika Beef Casserole, cooked in the Slow-Cooker is an easy recipe with normal pantry ingredients.
Every now and then I also need to stretch the casserole a little. And I am doing so by adding potatoes, carrots or whatever I have on hand.
I then double the Paprika, Tomato Puree and Beef Stock. This will feed a crowd and is just as delicious.
The casserole is quite saucy, so no need to make an additional gravy. Right now, I serve this with mashed potatoes or rice and a salad or two on the side as it is hot as heck in our part of South-Africa.
I like to use my Slow-Cooker for two reasons, no additional heat in the kitchen on a hot day and secondly, after adding all the ingredients to the Cooker, I can go shopping or do whatever else I need to.
I’m not sure about you, but when I go grocery shopping, weekly for our household, and I get back home, I am in no mood to start cooking then.
All the groceries need to be put away, and ten to one, I’ll be in a bad mood. Just don’t like leaving home, so I get agitated and very irritated quickly, especially when the stores are busy.
A last note on the recipe, you can use any Beef cut. However, if it is an especially tough type, cook for an hour or so longer. Just another wonder only Slow-Cookers and Pressure Cookers can do without a lot of fuss.
Paprika Beef Casserole (Slow-Cooker)
- 1 TB Olive Oil extra virgin
- 750 g Beef cubed ( 1 3/4 pounds )
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 Red Onion chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 t Paprika (smoked if available)
- 1/3 cup Tomato Puree
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- Pre-heat your Slow-Cooker on high
- Heat the Oil in a skillet – cover the Beef with the Flour and brown a batch at a time, in the oil – using a slotted spoon scoop the browned Beef into the Slow-Cooker
- Add the Onion, Bell Peppers, Paprika and Tomato Puree to the same skillet – stir-fry 5 minutes – transfer to the Beef in the Slow Cooker and stir through
- Pour the Beef Stock over, reduce heat to low and cook 3 – 4 hours or until the Beef is tender
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
You Might Also Like: