Easy Bacon and Egg Pie has it all and makes a delicious, filling breakfast or brunch so much more special ! Perfect for the family or wow your holiday guests with this easy breakfast pie.
A slice of this easy Bacon and Egg Pie , a sausage on the side, fresh fruit and freshly squeezed juice and you are in for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
As I have mentioned before, we are more brunch kind of people, and also only on the odd special occasion or maybe a Saturday morning.
When I serve brunch I like to place all the food on the table and let everyone help themselves. I’ll have everything sliced up and ready for the hungries so that they can dig in immediately after sitting down.
Brunch is also one of the rare times we would all sit at the table, usually outside, and enjoy a meal together.
With the kids’ different days they’re home, makes it difficult to get everyone at the dinner table at the same time.
I also did not have use of my dinner table for a few months, but that is going to change pronto, as I have the use of my dining room suite back again (don’t ask !).
If I have time the night before, I would prepare the Bacon and Egg Pie from step #1 through to step #3.
When morning comes, I heat up the oven again, finish the steps and have a delicious breakfast or brunch addition ready in under an hour.
**Should you have difficulty in finding the KNORR 4 Cheese Sauce, I have linked to the one I am using in order for you to look for something similar**
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 250 g Bacon chopped ( 8 oz )
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 roll Frozen Shortcrust Pastry defrosted
- 1 packet KNORR 4 Cheese Sauce (the dry mixture) - or similar
- 7 Eggs divided
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 roll Frozen Puff Pastry defrosted
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a deep pie dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Oil and stir-fry the Bacon and Onion until done – remove from heat and set aside
Unroll the Shortcrust – line the prepared pie dish, bottom and sides and cut away any excess pastry – poke the pastry a few times with a fork – place a piece of baking paper over the pastry and fill with baking beans – blind bake 10 minutes – remove the beans and paper – return the crust to the oven and bake a further 10 minutes – remove and let cool slightly
- Arrange the Bacon mixture on the bottom of the crust
Beat together the Cheese Sauce powder, 6 Eggs, and Cream – pour over the Bacon layer
- Cut a round the size of the top of the pie dish from the Puff Pastry – place on top of the Egg mixture and gently tuck in the edges
Lightly beat the remaining Egg and brush the Puff Pastry - bake 40 – 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean (test in the center of the pie)
You Might Also Like: