Hearty, comforting Chicken Bacon and Mushroom Pot Pies in a rich, creamy sauce. So perfect (and easy) on a cold Winter’s day !
Chicken pie will always be a favorite and I think that goes for the majority of countries.
These Chicken Bacon and Mushroom Pot Pies are packed with flavor !
I have a favorite recipe which I always turn to, but this time I was in the mood for something new.
The recipe can be made in small ramekins as individual portions or in a large oven dish, without altering the baking times.
Chicken and Bacon always play well together and if you add Mushrooms, you have a winner ! One or two vegetable sides or salads and dinner is on the table in record time.
I like to keep cooked Chicken in a sealed container in the refrigerator as we are always looking for something different to add to our lunch.
Having cooked Chicken, means you can quickly whip up a sandwich, salad or in this case, Pot Pies.
Something else I like to keep on hand is smoked chicken. Always comes in very handy for various meal ideas !
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Best EVER Chicken Pie
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Chicken Bacon And Mushroom Pot Pies
- 4 Chicken Fillets, cooked and cubed or shredded
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 t Garlic, fresh, crushed
- 125 g Bacon Bits ( 4 oz )
- 250 g Mushrooms, chopped roughly ( 8 oz )
- 2 TB Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 2 TB Thyme, fresh, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Roll Frozen Puff Pastry, defrosted
- Milk, to brush pastry
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray 6 ramekins (or 1 large dish) with cooking spray
- Heat the Oil and saute the Onion and Garlic until just soft – cook until the Bacon is done – add Mushrooms – cook approximately 5 minutes until the Mushrooms are soft and brown – sprinkle over the Flour – stir through and cook 1 minute
- Add Milk and Fresh Cream – simmer until sauce thickens
- Stir in the cooked Chicken and Thyme – season to taste with Salt and Pepper
- Spoon mixture into the prepared ramekins/dish
- Cover with Puff Pastry (cut to size) – brush with Milk and make a slit or two in each pastry top
- Bake 15 minutes or until puffed and golden brown
Amount Per Serving Calories 476Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 92mgSodium 648mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 34g
Nutrition value is not always accurate