Creamy Tuna Corn Casserole is quick, easy and delicious – the perfect comfort dinner on the table in about 30 minutes !
Another version of the always popular mac-and-cheese – Creamy Tuna Corn Casserole. Cheesy tuna and creamy corn all combined with pasta make an easy, quick and delicious dinner.
I have always loved tuna and try to find more and more ways to cook with a can or two, or if I am lucky our local store would have some fresh tuna in stock.
My son does not care much for corn, not corn kernels or the creamed type I use in this recipe. But his love for anything creamy and, especially, cheesy won him over.
Since I made my first cheese sauce in the microwave, I have never gone back to the stove plate method. Easy, creamy and no lumps at all.
You can make the cheese sauce any way you prefer, either in the microwave as per the recipe, or if you have perfected the stove top method, go with that.
In a hurry ? Use store-bought ready to use cheese sauce ! You would need around 3 cups of sauce.
You might also like these Pasta dinner recipes:
- Amish Country Casserole
- Quick White Cheddar And Bacon Pasta
- Cheesy Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta
Creamy Tuna Corn Casserole
Creamy Tuna Corn Casserole
Creamy Tuna Corn Casserole is quick, easy and delicious - the perfect comfort dinner on the table in about 30 minutes !
- 500 grams Macaroni, ( 16 oz )
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cans (170 g ea) Tuna , in Brine, drained ( 2 x 6 oz cans )
- 1 can (410 g) Creamed Corn, ( 14 oz can )
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Cook the Macaroni as per the instructions on the packet, drain and set aside
- Meanwhile prepare the Cheese Sauce – place the Butter in a large microwavable dish and melt – stir in the Flour until a smooth paste has formed – add the Milk, 1/2 a cup at a time stirring well after each addition – microwave on high for 2 minutes, remove and stir, breaking up any lumps which may have formed – microwave another minute, stir again – repeat until thick – stir in 2 cups of the Cheddar until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth
- Pour the Cheese Sauce over the cooked Macaroni – add the Tuna, Corn, Parsley and season to taste with Salt and Pepper, stir until well combined – transfer to the prepared oven dish
- Sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar and bake 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the dish has warmed through
Serving Size1 Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 470Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 73mgSodium 452mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 20g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Wednesday 23rd of December 2015
I love corn and cheese. I might try the stove top recipe first, then compare it to the microwave version. Thanks Linda! --Jeff
Wednesday 16th of December 2015
it looks delicious!