Filling, delicious AND family approved Cheesy Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
Good old pasta never let’s one down ! This Cheesy Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms are most delicious and very filling.
I know when we have a winner in the house. The moment my son is the first to say a particular dish is really, really delicious.
He can be a picky eater, but as he is getting older, I think he has finally reached the stage where he knows when a dish, especially dinner, is good, even though he has a lot to say about Sundried Tomatoes !
Well, in this case, he has absolutely no problem with the Tomatoes at all and even mentioned that without them, the dish would have lacked “something”.
Fortunately we are all huge Mushroom lovers and the more the better. All the flavors in this Chicken Pasta dish compliments one another, which results in a filling dinner to which you really only need to add a crunchy green salad on the side.
I make the dish on a regular rotation now, using just about any kind of Pasta, but my favorite really is Fusilli and that is what I normally use, but you can use whichever short Pasta you prefer.
Pressed for time ? Rotisserie Chicken is a lifesaver ! Or even the smoked Chicken Fillets one usually finds at the Deli counter.
NOTE: I know KNORR has different sauce flavors in different countries, but if you are in doubt, I use the type which comes in a packet (powder) and one adds one cup of Boiling Water to the powder, stir a minute and it’s ready to use.
You can always use homemade, or a ready-to-use Cream of Mushroom sauce – also if you prefer, use more than one cup.
Cheesy Chicken Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms
- 4 Chicken Fillets (about 450 grams / 1 pound)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 350 g Fusilli Pasta ( 12 oz )
- 2 TB Butter
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 10 Marinated Sundried Tomatoes roughly chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 packet KNORR Creamy Mushroom Sauce ** See Note
- 250 g Smooth Cottage Cheese ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- Parsley to garnish (optional)
- Season the Chicken to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – grill on a griddle pan or a George Foreman grill until done – slice into cubes or strips and set aside
- Cook the Pasta according to the instructions on the packet
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet and melt the Butter – stir-fry the Garlic one minute – add the Sundried Tomatoes and Mushrooms – stir-fry until tender – remove from the heat
- Mix the Mushroom Sauce as per the instructions on the packet and stir into the Mushroom mixture
- Drain the Pasta when cooked al dente and place in a large mixing bowl together with the cooked, sliced Chicken and the Mushroom mixture – stir gently and transfer to a large oven dish sprayed with cooking oil
- Spread the Cottage Cheese over the Pasta mixture and sprinkle over the Mozzarella – place under the oven grill for a few minutes until the Cheese starts to brown
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle over the Parsley (if using)
I know KNORR has different sauce flavors in different countries, but if you are in doubt, I use the type which comes in a packet (powder) and one adds one cup of Boiling Water to the powder, stir a minute and it’s ready to use. You can always use homemade, or a ready-to-use Cream of Mushroom sauce – also if you prefer, use more than one cup
Serve immediately with a crunchy salad on the side.
You Might Also Like: