Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta is a quick, delicious and filling dinner – on the table in 20 minutes !
The recipe I am sharing today, is one of our favorite Chicken dishes, which we have at least twice or even three times a month.
Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta is perfect for a busy weeknight and if you are really pressed for time, pick up rotisserie chicken from the deli.
I grew up on rice, not pasta as much. My granny was an excellent cook and to have rice regularly never became boring as she had such great dishes to go with them.
On the other hand, I, feel more comfortable with Pasta dishes – cooking and experimenting with Pasta is what I really mean.
This is one of the simplest recipes, yet one that we enjoy most as I mentioned above.
Not too spicy, not complicated at all and you can even substitute the Portuguese Spice for something you rather prefer.
One can hardly ever go wrong when teaming up Mushrooms with Chicken and Pasta (unless you are allergic).
All the ingredients, and there are only 6, make a wonderful combination and both adults as well as kids love whenever I serve this dish.
From start to serving, this pasta dish will only take you up to 20 minutes.
Which makes it a fantastic recipe to have on hand for those crazy busy weeknights – or lazy weekends, for that matter!
More Pasta recipes you might like:
Spicy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- 450 g Penne Pasta ( 1 pound )
- 1 1/2 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 3 Chicken Fillets, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 TB Spicy Portuguese Chicken Spice
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter
- 250 g Mushrooms, halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- Parsley, chopped, to serve (optional)
- Cook the Pasta as per the instructions on the packet – drain and set aside
- Meanwhile, heat the Oil over medium heat in a wok or large skillet
- Season the Chicken Fillets with the Portuguese Spice – fry in the Oil until done – remove with a slotted spoon from the wok or pan and keep aside
- Add the Butter to the wok or skillet – saute the Mushrooms until tender and golden – add back the Chicken and gently stir in the cooked Pasta as well – heat through
- Sprinkle with Parsley (if using) and serve
Cuisinart 726-38H Chef's Classic Stainless 14-Inch Stir-Fry Pan with Helper Handle and Glass Cover
Lodge 14 Inch Cast Iron Wok. Pre-Seasoned Wok with Flattened Bottom for Asian Stir Fry and Sautees
Joyce Chen 22-9938, Pro Chef 14 Inch 10 Piece Excalibur Non-Stick Wok Set
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving Calories 632 Total Fat 15.9g Saturated Fat 5.5g Unsaturated Fat 8.3g Cholesterol 64.3mg Carbohydrates 86.1g Fiber 4.4g Sugar 1.2g Protein 35.4g
Sprinkle with Parsley and serve with a side salad.