Biscuit Topped Beef Pots make the perfect main meat dish. Perfect use of cheaper cuts of Beef and no one would know !
Biscuit topped Beef Pots are the perfect meat dish for a week night dinner.
Served with vegetables on the side, this is always a winner.
This recipe is also perfect to use cheaper cuts of beef – if you cook it right, any meat can be delicious! I always use Stewing Beef, the chunks of beef on the bone, when I make these Biscuit topped Beef pots.
You can also make one large pot (using a large pie dish).
However, I have found the smaller pots to be so much more fun, and it looks impressive, placed on a large plate surrounded with side vegetables or salads.
I prefer to cook the Beef in my pressure-cooker, it is fast and you get exactly the same results (using this recipe) as when you cook it in the slow-cooker.
If you are going to use your Slow-Cooker, set it on HIGH and cook for at least 6 hours. The meat must literally fall off the bones. (add more water if needed whilst cooking).
I also check mine in the pressure cooker halfway through the cooking time.
Cooked Shredded Beef (all bones removed)
Pour over the Gravy
Scoop into ramekins (or one large pie dish) – leave about 2 centimeters clearing from the top for the Biscuit topping
Spoon over the Biscuit batter and bake – the Biscuit rises quite a bit
Hot, freshly baked Biscuit Topped Beef Pots !
A Closer look … yum !
More Comfort Food recipes you might like:
- Amish Country Casserole
- Tequila Lime Steak Enchiladas
- Butter Chicken Bunny Chow
- Three Meat Savory Tart
- Mountain Meatballs
Connect with us :
Biscuit Topped Beef Pots
- 2 kg Stewing Beef, most fat removed, bones on ( 4.5 pounds )
- 125 g Bacon Bits ( 4 oz )
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TB Salt
- 10 Whole Cloves
- 1 cup Water
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup Gravy, thick (Homemade or store-bought)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 TB Baking Powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- Place ALL the ingredients for the MEAT in a pressure-cooker (or slow-cooker – see post) – pressure cook 45 – 50 minutes – remove bones from the meat and shred the meat – also remove the whole cloves
- Stir the Gravy into the meat – spoon into 8 ramekins (or one large pie dish)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F)
- BISCUIT TOPPING: Beat together the Egg, Milk and Oil – add the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt little at a time whilst still beating – when smooth, spoon over the meat and bake 20 – 25 minutes until golden
Serving Size1 Small Ramekin
Amount Per Serving Calories 350Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 35mgSodium 1499mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 12g
Nutrition value is not always accurate