Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry is a lip smacking delicious, quick dinner for those busy days – you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes – start to finish
I have mentioned a few times previously that I love stir-fry recipes.
They are quick, easy, the meat cooks the way you want it to and the vegetables are crunchy as is with this Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry .
Maybe it is just me, but I like my stir-fries to have a definite crunch to the vegetables.
I really would not like to eat over cooked, mushy vegetables this way, or in most cases I should say.
To be honest, I have over stir-fried vegetables before and on the odd occasion I still manage to do that !
The big secret , is not really that big, constant (but gentle) stirring is required with any stir-fry.
Anyhow, broccoli and me, we have a great understanding ! Fresh broccoli is super to cook with, adds color and most important it contains loads of goodness !
I use store-bought Sauce when making this dish, which usually is a week night dinner and perfect for busy cooks.
Over weekends I do not mind making a sauce from scratch, but during the week, I am a little less picky.
Short cuts to a Stir-Fry
- Use frozen bags of ready made Stir-Fry vegetables – you can cook them straight from the bag, no defrosting necessary
- Buy your Chicken already sliced into strips – the price difference is very low
More Stir-Fry recipes you might like:
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Sweet And Sour Meatball Stir-Fry (Saucy!)
- Teriyaki Beef And Greens Stir-Fry
Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry
- 750 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips ( 1 pound 10 oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Avocado Oil, (or any other suitable oil for high heat cooking)
- 1 bunch Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 250 g Mushrooms, halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet and Sour Sauce, (your favorite brand will do)
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper – heat the Oil in a large wok or similar pan
- Fry the Chicken in 3 batches until cooked – remove from the wok and keep aside
- Using the same wok, (add a little more Oil if needed), fry the Spring Onions, Garlic, Broccoli, Mushrooms and the Red Bell Pepper until tender but still crunchy
- Return the cooked Chicken to the wok – add the Sweet and Sour Sauce and heat through – add more Salt and Pepper if needed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe PFOA-Free Jumbo Wok Cookware, 14-Inch, Black
- Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
- 5-piece Bamboo Wok Cooking Set Perfect for Every Chef- Superior Quality, Made with Bamboo, Wok Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Bamboo Wok Spoons and Paddle for Cooking/Stir Frying Your Favorite Foods
Amount Per Serving Calories 390.3Total Fat 7.6gSaturated Fat 2.6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 107.7mgSodium 376mgCarbohydrates 36.1gFiber 4.1gSugar 2.2gProtein 45.7g
Serve over Asian Noodles or Rice.