Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry is a lip smacking delicious, quick dinner for those busy days – you can have dinner on the table in 30 minutes – start to finish
This post contain affiliate links – please see our Disclosure
I have mentioned a few times previously that I love stir-fry recipes. They are quick, easy, the meat cooks the way you want it to and the vegetables are crunchy as is with this Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry .
Maybe it is just me, but I like my stir-fries to have a definite crunch to the vegetables.
I really would not like to eat over cooked, mushy vegetables this way, or in most cases I should say.
To be honest, I have over stir-fried vegetables before and on the odd occasion I still manage to do that !
The big secret , is not really that big, constant (but gentle) stirring is required with any stir-fry.
Anyhow, broccoli and me, we have a great understanding ! Fresh broccoli is super to cook with, adds color and most important it contains loads of goodness !
I use store-bought Sauce when making this dish, which usually is a week night dinner and perfect for busy cooks.
Over weekends I do not mind making a sauce from scratch, but during the week, I am a little less picky.
Short cuts to a Stir-Fry
- Use frozen bags of ready made Stir-Fry vegetables – you can cook them straight from the bag, no defrosting necessary
- Buy your Chicken already sliced into strips – the price difference is very low
Sweet And Sour Chicken Stir-Fry
- 750 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips ( 1 pound 10 oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 TB Avocado Oil, (or any other suitable oil for high heat cooking)
- 1 bunch Spring Onions, chopped
- 3 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups Fresh Broccoli Florets
- 250 g Mushrooms, halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 cups Sweet and Sour Sauce, (your favorite brand will do)
- Season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper – heat the Oil in a large wok or similar pan
- Fry the Chicken in 3 batches until cooked – remove from the wok and keep aside
- Using the same wok, (add a little more Oil if needed), fry the Spring Onions, Garlic, Broccoli, Mushrooms and the Red Bell Pepper until tender but still crunchy
- Return the cooked Chicken to the wok – add the Sweet and Sour Sauce and heat through – add more Salt and Pepper if needed
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
T-fal A80789 Specialty Nonstick Dishwasher Safe Oven Safe PFOA-Free Jumbo Wok Cookware, 14-Inch, Black
Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
5-piece Bamboo Wok Cooking Set Perfect for Every Chef- Superior Quality, Made with Bamboo, Wok Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Bamboo Wok Spoons and Paddle for Cooking/Stir Frying Your Favorite Foods
Amount Per Serving Calories 390.3 Total Fat 7.6g Saturated Fat 2.6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 5g Cholesterol 107.7mg Sodium 376mg Carbohydrates 36.1g Fiber 4.1g Sugar 2.2g Protein 45.7g
Serve over Asian Noodles or Rice.
Here is another stir-fry favorite you might like !