Thai Chicken Stir-Fry is so quick and easy to make for dinner on a busy week night ! Loaded with vegetables and with the distinct Thai taste this dish is always a winner.
What’s not to love about stir-fries ? They are quick, easy and loaded with vegetables !
This Thai Chicken Stir-Fry is on the table in 25 minutes. Perfect for a busy week night dinner.
I think after meat/chicken etc loaded salads, stir-fries are our most go-to dinner recipes. Hubby still needs to help me in the kitchen, and when is called out for a job, I never know (or usually don’t!) what time he will be home.
Therefore, quick and easy recipes are the thing in our kitchen !
My son is also always on the go and as much as he tries, giving a time to be home for dinner is not always the case. Fortunately a stir-fry can stand a while.
Simply a matter of re-heating the dish. The pasta is another story, obviously. But also not a train smash, I stir through a little bit of extra virgin Olive Oil and keep the pasta covered.
A quick re-heat when he gets home and the Stir-Fry is just as delicious as when served immediately after cooking.
Can you use any vegetables in a stir-fry ?
Absolutely ! The only thing to keep in mind is to choose vegetables which will go well with your sauce. Most do in fact, so you do have a very wide variety to choose from. And that means, no two meals ever need be the same.
Does a stir-fry have to be saucy ?
Yes, and no. This is really a personal preference. You can always double a sauce recipe if you like a saucier stir-fry, or use as per the recipe. My own preference is that all the stir-fry ingredients need to be hugged in the sauce with a little bit left to drizzle over.
Do you have to use a wok ?
No, you don’t. I prefer a wok, whether it be an electric wok or a stove top wok. However, for years I have used a standard, large and deep-ish, skillet to cook my stir-fries in. (Cast iron is the best !). As long as there is enough space to stir-fry your ingredients comfortably, it will be fine.
If you have never made a stir-fry, you are really missing out ! Start with this easy Thai Chicken Stir-Fry and you will be hooked, and will most definitely start to try out your own vegetable (and meat!) varieties too.
4 Servings/People indicate adult sized servings. The stir-fry is more than enough for up to 6 people – 2 adults and up to 4 younger kids.
A Stir-Fry is also very simple to double or even triple the ingredients. Have friends over during the warmer months ? Try out your barbecue’s wok attachment! Cut out the pasta, and serve the stir-fry with one or two simple salads. Nothing too much, as you want the stir-fry to be the star dish, right ?
You might also like these Stir-Fry recipes :
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Quick and Easy Vegan Broccoli with Spicy Garlic Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry
Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
- 2 TB Butter, softened
- 2 t Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 2 TB Soy Sauce
- 2 TB Sweet Chili Sauce, ( homemade or store-bought )
- 2 TB Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 TB Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2/3 cup Coconut Cream
- 3 TB Peanut Oil, divided, ( or Sesame Oil )
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips ( = 1 pound - boneless, skinless breast )
- 300 g Stir-Fry Vegetables, julienned ( 10 oz ) see note below
- Sesame Seeds, to sprinkle over ( optional )
- sprigs Fresh Cilantro, ( optional )
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients and whisk until smooth - keep aside
- Heat 2 tablespoons Oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat - add the Chicken strips and stir-fry until done and just turning brown - pour over half of the Sauce and cook one more minute - remove from wok / skillet and keep aside
- Use the remaining Oil in the wok / skillet and stir-fry the Vegetables 3-4 minutes - add the remaining Sauce and cook another minute
- Add back the cooked Chicken and heat through
- Sprinkle over the Sesame seeds and garnish with fresh Coriander sprigs (optional) - Serve !
Stir-Fry vegetables I prefer in this recipe :
- Purple Cabbage
You can use just about any variety of vegetables which will go well with the Thai Sauce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Traditional Hand Hammered Carbon Steel Pow Wok with Wooden and Steel Helper Handle (14 Inch, Round Bottom)/731W88 by Craft Wok
5-piece Bamboo Wok Cooking Set Perfect for Every Chef- Superior Quality, Made with Bamboo, Wok Spatula, Silicone Spatula, Bamboo Wok Spoons and Paddle for Cooking/Stir Frying Your Favorite Foods
Weber 7425 Gourmet BBQ System Wok
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 463.9Total Fat 30.6gSaturated Fat 7.6gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 80.5mgSodium 1063.9mgCarbohydrates 18.3gFiber 4.3gSugar 9.9gProtein 31.7g
Serve over noodles or pasta of your choice.
Linking up at: WEEKEND POTLUCK – The Country Cook