Best ever Coca-Cola Spare Ribs are sweet, savory and sticky. Oven baked or on the barbecue. Have the napkins ready for this one !
Sweet, savory, sticky and saucy ! That is the way I like my spare ribs … and Coca-Cola – oh yes, this is me!
These Coca-Cola Spare Ribs are absolutely the best ribs I have ever had. And have been making them for years.
I can honestly say that NO restaurant ribs have ever even come remotely close to these.
This marinade, which is also used a basting, can be used for any kind of meat, lamb, beef, chicken, whatever you like sticky.
We prefer to buy ready cooked (plain, no flavoring added) or smoked ribs. However, now and then we also have raw spare ribs and we will then marinade the ribs first.
If marinating, leave for 4 hours or overnight preferably, turning your marinade container regularly.
Just look at that ! Finger licking good and if your family are huge rib lovers, you will be better off making twice as many as usual. (just a suggestion 😉 )
Have a closer look – tender, juicy and you can just about see the stickiness !
As I already mentioned the recipe below is for cooked spare ribs and the Marinade / Basing sauce is only used when doing the final cooking.
Please refer to your package for different cooking instructions when using raw ribs.
You might also like these recipes including a drink:
Popular recipes using Coca-Cola :
- Coca-Cola Meatballs
- Malibu Coco-Cooler
- 10-Minute BEST Coca-Cola BBQ Sauce
- Coca-Cola Chicken (a.k.a. Hong Kong Chicken)
Coca-Cola Spare Ribs
- 2 t Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 4 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 TB Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 Onion, small, finely chopped
- 1 TB Fennel Seeds
- 2 t Ground Cumin
- 2 t Paprika
- 4 cups Coca-Cola, regular, not light/diet
- 1/2 cup Treacle Sugar
- 3/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce, (thick Ketch-Up)
- 3 kg Spare Ribs, cooked ( 6.5 pounds )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Place all the Marinade ingredients into a medium saucepan – bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring now and then, until reduced to about 3 cups. Cool 30 minutes before use (if using as a Marinade)
- Pre-heat the oven to the maximum grill setting (these can be made on your Barbecue/Braai as well)
- Place the Spare Ribs on a roasting pan (or BBQ/Braai) – season with Salt and Pepper – brush liberally with the marinade and grill, turning regularly and basting with more of the marinade, until heated through and sticky
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Servings Serving Size 500 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 1749Total Fat 120gSaturated Fat 36gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 53gCholesterol 404mgSodium 1739mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 2gSugar 73gProtein 82g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
NB: Leftover (not used) marinade can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Recipe linked up at: WEEKEND POTLUCK – Sweet Little Bluebird