Cheesy Beef Cannelloni – Pasta tubes filled with a delicious Ground Beef mixture, White Sauce over and covered in Cheese makes this the best all-season dinner recipe !
Cheesy Beef Cannelloni is an all season pasta dish. And one of my favorite go-to recipes for dinner, especially when we have the kids over.
I like to serve the Cannelloni with side vegetables during the cooler months. One or two crispy salads during Summer makes this Beef Cannelloni a favorite. We never have any leftovers !
A Few years ago I would have skipped past the Cannelloni recipes as I thought filling the pasta tubes are a bit of a mess.
But once I tried it and had seen how easy it really is to fill the tubes, there was no stopping me. I now always have a couple of boxes on hand.
I have found that the easiest way to fill the pasta tubes is to place a tube upright in the oven dish. Fill with a teaspoon and tip the filled tube over on it’s side.
No matter if a bit of the filling goes over the tube as you start with a little of the meat mixture at the bottom of the oven dish anyhow. And, any remaining filling goes over the top.
You might also like our Pastitsio Cannelloni recipe !
**These are the sauces I have used from KNORR :
- Savory Mince Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- Classic White Sauce
Cheesy Beef Cannelloni
Cannelloni pasta tubes filled with a delicious Ground Beef mixture, White Sauce over and covered in Cheese makes this the best all-season dinner recipe
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 packet KNORR Savory Mince Dry Cook-In-Sauce see link above recipe
- 1 1/4 cup Water
- 1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 t Dried Thyme
- 1 t Dried Oregano
- 1 t Dried Sage
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 packet KNORR Classic White Sauce see link above recipe
- 18 tubes Cannelloni Pasta
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Parsley to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm (8 x 12 inch) oven dish with cooking oil
- In a large skillet heat the Oil and brown the Ground Beef – add the Onions and Garlic – cook 3 – 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
Add the KNORR Savory Cook-In-Sauce powder, Water, Tomatoes, Thyme, Oregano and Sage – stir well and simmer 15 – 20 minutes until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has thickened – remove from heat and set aside
- Heat the Cream and Milk in a medium saucepan until just hot – remove from heat and whisk in the KNORR White Sauce powder until smooth and thickened
- Spoon a thin layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the prepared oven dish – start filling the Cannelloni pasta tubes and arrange on top of the meat layer – spoon over any leftover meat mixture and pour over the White Sauce
- Sprinkle the Cheese over and bake 35 – 45 minutes until the pasta is cooked
Serve warm sprinkled with Parsley and sides of your choice (veggies or salads).