Pork Loin with Blueberry-BBQ Sauce – Tender and juicy Pork Loin is perfect for entertaining as well as an everyday main meal and the versatile Blueberry-BBQ Sauce is just amazing ! Use as a baste and to serve on the side of the Pork Loin ~ Ideal for Barbecue, Griller or your Health Griller.
Pork Loin with Blueberry-BBQ Sauce is special enough to serve to guests, or you can treat your family on a week night. Yep, a week night !
The simmering of the Sauce takes a little while, but once that is ready, cooking the Pork Loin will only take 10 – 15 minutes.
I get the Sauce going, and whilst that is simmering, I prepare whatever side dishes I am going to serve with the Pork.
Usually (if we do not have a BBQ), it would be mashed potatoes, or a loaded potato casserole, with one or two vegetables to round the meal off.
I could actually eat this Blueberry-BBQ sauce with a spoon – it is so delicious ! And in this recipe the Sauce is used for basting as well as serving on the side. Double the flavor..
It is not a case of drizzle, drizzle with me … oh, no, as you can see below, I like to spread it well and thick over the sliced Pork.
But, I leave it up to each person how they like to enjoy theirs by adding small bowls of the Blueberry-BBQ Sauce to their plates.
Whether you spread it, or dip it, you are sure to enjoy the Pork Loin !
FYI,,, be careful not to get any on your clothes as Blueberries is a … well, you should know what kind of stain it leaves!
Pork Loin with Blueberry-BBQ Sauce
- 4 cups Blueberries
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce ( thick Ketch-Up )
- 1/2 cup Spring Onions chopped
- 1 TB Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 2 t Lime Juice
- 1/2 t Mustard Powder
- 900g Pork Tenderloin ( 2 pounds )
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Combine all the Sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan – bring to the boil whilst stirring – reduce heat, cover and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes (stir regularly) – remove from heat and divide between 2 bowls
Pre-heat grill ( George Foreman, health griller, the BBQ … ) to medium heat
- Season the Pork to taste with Salt and Pepper – brush with the one bowl of Blueberry-BBQ Sauce and cook 10 – 15 minutes or until done – brush with the Sauce after every turn – set aside to rest 5 minutes
- Slice the Pork and serve with the remaining bowl of Sauce
Slice the Pork and serve with the remaining bowl of Sauce.
You Might Also Like: