Oreo Cake Triangles (Sandwich Maker) are moist, soft cake triangles with a silky, smooth topping, made quickly in your sandwich maker !
I was looking for something quick to make for dessert the other night, when this one pin kept coming back to me as I was scrolling up and down my Pinterest board.
But, it was a recipe for donuts … I did not have time for Donuts and then remembered my Sandwich Maker ! And here we are – Oreo Cake Triangles made quickly in the Sandwich Maker.
If you have been following this blog for a while, you might remember my Featherlight Vanilla Cake which were made in the Sandwich Maker.
Anyhow, I completely forgot about the machine as the kids just about never use it anymore, but my brain was in overload, thinking up a way to make these Oreo Donuts.
For some reason, I do not have a proper Donut pan yet, and I take pride in trying out all pots, pans, machines, gadgets etc as soon as I see them – a Donut pan IS now on my list !
Just before the Sandwich Maker entered my (very busy!) mind, I thought of using my mini Donut Maker … but again, it would have taken all night. Then, out of the blue I remembered the Sandwich Maker.
Do you ever “bake” cake or other sweet treats in your Sandwich Maker ?
If not, I highly recommend it … I mean, really, it takes the same time to cook the Oreo Cake Triangles as when you would have sandwiches in the machine, which is something like 5 minutes.
The Cake is moist and soft as it should be and no one would even know the Triangles were cooked in a Sandwich Maker and not baked. Although I think the shape might give it away!
Oreo Cake Triangles (Sandwich Maker)
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 t Baking Soda (Bicarbonate of Soda)
- 1/2 t Baking Powder
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 t White Vinegar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 4 Oreo Cookies crushed
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 2 Oreo Cookies crushed
- Combine the Flour, Cocoa, Sugar, Baking Soda and Powder and Salt in a medium mixing bowl
- Beat together the Egg, Milk, Oil, Vinegar and Vanilla Extract until well mixed
- Add the Egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well – gently fold in the 4 crushed Oreo Cookies
Heat up your 4 sandwich, Sandwich Maker and divide the batter between the 8 triangles – close and cook until the Machine shows green – always test with a toothpick before removal (if not quite done leave to cook another minute or two)
- Remove from the Sandwich Maker and let cool completely on a cooling rack
Place the Icing Sugar, Butter, Fresh Cream and Vanilla in a medium mixing bowl – beat until smooth, scraping the sides regularly
- Spread the Topping over the cooled Triangles and sprinkle with the remaining 2 crushed Oreo Cookies