Coconut Chicken and Mango Salsa is a taste from the Islands in both the Chicken and the Salsa. Such a quick and easy dinner recipe to make !
First shared on my previous blog Creative and Delicious which is now merged with With A Blast
I have not posted a coconut related recipe in while now and I think it is about time, seeing as coconut is on my top list of favorite ingredients.
We had this Coconut Chicken and Mango Salsa for the first time a few months ago, and I have been making it regularly since.
Deep frying is quick, but I bake them as well when I have a little more time on hand.
I have to admit, deep frying, or any kind of frying in oil, might not be the healthiest method of cooking. But for some reason, food just turns out tastier when fried.
I also change up the serving of these Coconut Chicken fingers. Mostly with the Mango Salsa, as they go wonderfully together.
However, now and then I would serve the Chicken with a dipping sauce, of which the 1000 Island Salad Dressing is our favorite.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Chicken Tikka with Mango Salad
- Thai Chicken Stir-Fry
Coconut Chicken and Mango Salsa
- 1/2 cup Flour + extra for dusting
- 1/2 cup Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 cup Soda Water (ice-cold)
- Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 4 Large Chicken Fillets, cut into thick fingers
- 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 Small Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Chili, seeded and chopped
- 2 TB Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- Combine the Flour, Cornflour, Coconut and Salt – add the Soda Water and mix to make a batter of coating consistency
- Heat Oil – dust Chicken with Flour and dip into the Batter – deep-fry Chicken until golden and cooked – drain on paper towel
- Mango Salsa: Toss Salsa ingredients together and serve with the cooked Coconut Chicken
Amount Per Serving Calories 497Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 7gUnsaturated Fat 9gCarbohydrates 39gFiber 4gSugar 18gProtein 42g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve the Chicken with the Salsa on the side.