Buttery, sweet, mini Toffee Apple Tartlets are great to add to your sweet party platter or to serve as a quick to make dessert
Can you believe I make 36 of these mini Toffee Apple Tartlets, using ONE apple! Yes, only one apple and there is usually another spoonful or two of the filling left.
I used ready-made mini pie shells and filled them with the filling below.
You can use any shell, mini, medium or the large ones. Or, if you have the time, make your own from scratch.
The Toffee definitely overpowers the Apple in this recipe. Therefore, do not expect an apple pie type of thing.
The Apple taste is there, just enough to let you know what you are putting in your mouth!
Be warned though, these little sweet treats are addicting ! I usually have way more than I really should, which I suppose is not very good for my waistline. But then again, who can say no to such a decadent little treat ?
Use any soft (easy melting) Toffees, or you can use soft Caramels as well, which I have found to be more readily available than a soft Toffee.
More Apple Dessert recipes you might like:
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Cinnamon Apple Enchiladas
- Apple Carrot Caramel Cheesecake
- Toffee Apple Cheesecake
- Apple And Pineapple Cake Tart
Connect with us :
Toffee Apple Tartlets
- 36 Mini Pie Shells, ready made
- 1 Large Apple, cored and cut into tiny pieces
- 1/2 cup Toffees, cut into tiny pieces (soft Caramels are also great to use )
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 TB Butter, melted
- 1 t Icing Sugar, to dust (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (375 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place the empty Pie shells on the baking sheet – keep aside
- Combine the Apple pieces, Toffee pieces, Brown Sugar and Butter in a small bowl – let stand for 5 minutes
- Spoon into the Pie shells (it is okay to pile it up – the filling will settle whilst baking) – bake 10 – 15 minutes until bubbly – remove from oven – transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely
Serving Size36 Tartlets
Amount Per Serving Calories 332Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 5mgSodium 261mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 2gSugar 24gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Dust with Icing Sugar (if using) and serve !