Cadbury Creme Egg Cakes are easy to make ! Topped with caramel and half a Creme Egg makes this the ideal Easter quick treat
If you are looking for a delicious, yet simple Easter dessert, I have these Cadbury Creme Egg Cakes for you !
So quick to make and you can bake the cakes (cupcakes really), the day before. Store in an airtight container until a few hours or so before serving, add the Caramel and Cadbury Creme Eggs and you are done.
I baked these mini cakes in a bundt pan, mini bundt pan, that is. Simply because of the small opening it creates to allow more of the Caramel addition.
You can certainly use a standard cupcake/muffin pan, with or without cupcake liners.
I used a box mix – Vanilla flavored. However, you can use any flavor that goes well with Caramel and I think the Creme Eggs go with any flavor anyway.
Also you do not have to use Caramel Condensed Milk ! Use any type of cupcake icing you wish and top with the Creme Eggs.
I made one change – topped half of the cakes with the Creme Eggs and the other half with mini Easter Eggs. The chewy jelly center type.
Ordinary mini hollow Easter Eggs would work just as well !
Above : topped with mini Easter Eggs and below with Cadbury Creme Eggs.
Such a simple sweet treat, but everyone loves them ! Go on and add these mini cakes to your Easter dessert table and wow your family and friends.
Note: If using a cupcake baking pan, I would suggest decorating the wider side of the cupcake (the right side in other words).
More Easter Treats you might like:
- Easter Blondies
- Caramel Meringue Easter Nests
- Easter Kit-Kat Cake
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Easter Egg Cupcakes
Cadbury Creme Egg Cakes
- 1 box Cake Mix, vanilla, yellow, chocolate etc
- 3 extra-large Eggs, see notes
- 100 ml Cooking Oil, ( 3.4 oz ) see notes
- 1 cup Milk, see notes
- 24 TB Caramel Condensed Milk
- 6 Cadbury Creme Eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C ( 350 deg F ) - spray and/or butter a mini bundt pan (see notes) or a 12 hole muffin tin
- Beat the Eggs, Oil and Milk for 30 seconds on low speed - add the cake mix, then beat another 2 minutes on high speed until smooth
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt or muffin tin - bake 15 - 18 minutes or until done
- Remove from the oven and cool 5 minutes in the tin - transfer to a wire rack to cool completely
- Spread 2 tablespoonfuls of Caramel Condensed Milk on top of the cooled cakes
- Gently slice each Creme Egg into halves and place each half on top of the Caramel spread
- Quantity of eggs, oil and milk depending on the cake mix you are using - please check your box mix and adjust accordingly
- I like a mini bundt cake as I fill the little opening on top with Caramel as well. If using a muffin tin you can rather decorate the wider side of the Cupcakes
- These Creme Egg Cakes will be good for up to 3 days in a sealed container
Serving Size1 Mini Cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 374Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 64mgSodium 503mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 1gSugar 54gProtein 6g
Nutrition value is not always accurate. Please also check your preferred cake mix labels for nutritional values