Caramel Meringue Easter Nests are quick, easy to make and a delicious, fun sweet treat for Easter !
You can get these caramel meringue Easter nests ready in a matter of minutes, if you have the meringue nests already on hand. Either store-bought or homemade will do.
Our supermarket sells meringues in all shapes as well as various sized nests. The ones I am using here is about 5cm (2 inches) in diameter.
You can use smaller ones, or even one large meringue. But do remember a filled meringue needs to be eaten as soon as possible after filling, as they tend to go soft and will fall apart.
The recipe yields 1 cup of Caramel Filling and any leftovers can be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Caramel Meringue Easter Nests
- 12 Meringue Nests homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Caramel Topping (I use the Nestle Treat brand)
- Desiccated Coconut Green and/or White
- small Easter Eggs
- Combine the Whipped Cream and the Caramel – place in the refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes to firm up a little
- Fill the Meringue Nests with the Caramel mixture – sprinkle with Coconut and arrange 3 small Easter Eggs on top
Serve as soon as possible but it should keep well for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
You Might Also Like: