Easter Brownie Bites are just the right sized small treat to add to your Easter dessert platter. Delicious, with an Easter Egg inside and on top !
Everyone loves brownies, don’t they ? I might still be on the Blondie team, but these bite size brownies are just so easy to make and delicious too !
These Easter Brownie Bites are perfect to add to your Easter dessert table, or simply as an addition to a sweets platter for Easter.
And the Brownies look ever so cute with the mini Easter egg topping !
Crispy on the edges and gooey on the inside. I should say super gooey, as I used the chewy jelly centered mini Easter eggs today.
Mini hollow Easter eggs make the Brownies more chocolatey, yet gooey as well. You decide on which type to use when baking.
No other adjustments need to be made for example baking time, same baking time for either mini eggs used.
Leftovers keep well for a day or two, however my granddaughter really loves these Mini bite sized Easter Bites ! I also think the overall look is quite pleasing to kids.
Speaking of kids, let them help you prepare and do the final touches. Some of the brownies, depending on age of the kids, might come out a little lopsided.
But who cares, it is fun baking with kids ! And besides the taste of the Brownie bites with Easter eggs make up for any “imperfections”.
You need not add big blobs of melted chocolate to keep the topped Easter egg in place. A tiny bit is enough. I just love chocolate, therefore, for me that means EXTRA chocolate ! Winner for all us chocolate lovers.
More Easter recipes you might like:
- No Yeast Hot Cross Buns
- Easter Blondies
- Cadbury Creme Egg Cakes
- Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Asparagus and Egg EASTER Brunch
Easter Brownie Bites
- 175 grams Unsalted Butter, cubed ( 6.2 oz )
- 150 grams Dark Chocolate, ( 6 oz )
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- 3 extra-large Eggs, beaten
- 100 grams Chocolate Chips, divided ( 3.5 oz )
- 48 Mini Chocolate Easter Eggs, (hollow or chewy jelly centered)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C ( 350 deg F ) - spray one or two ( 24 holes ) mini cupcake tins with cooking oil and line with mini liners
- Place the Butter, Dark Chocolate, and Sugar in a small saucepan - heat gently, stirring continuously until all the Butter and Chocolate have melted - remove from heat and leave to cool a few minutes
- Sift the Flour, Cocoa and Salt in a large bowl - stir in the warm melted Chocolate mixture, followed by the beaten Eggs - add half the Chocolate chips and stir until just comboned
- Fill the prepared lined cupcake tins with the batter (leaving a little space for the mini Egg)
- Gently push a mini Easter Egg into the batter of each brownie - bake 15 minutes until crisp on the edges but still a little gooey in the middle
- Remove from the oven and let cool the baked brownies in the cupcake tin/s for 10 minutes
- Transfer the Brownie Bites to a wire rack to cool completely
- Melt the remainin Chocolate Chips in the microwave or in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water (stir frequently)
- Dot each Brownie Bite with a tiny bit of melted Chocolate and top with a mini Easter Egg
Serving Size1 Brownie Bite
Amount Per Serving Calories 269Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 56mgSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate