Asparagus and Egg Easter Brunch is a deliciously baked addition, perfect to add to your Easter brunch menu – cheese, ham and more on flaky pastry
This Asparagus and Egg Bake is an excellent Easter Brunch. Filling enough to get you through to the main meal.
Remove the Puff Pastry from the freezer the night before and keep in the refrigerator..by morning it will be ready for use.
And within 30 minutes it’s ready to feed six, or make double and there is enough for a crowd!
Quick and easy, not a lot of dirty dishes and you have the rest of the day to prepare the main meal for Easter.
Asparagus and Egg Easter Brunch
- 1 roll Frozen Puff Pastry defrosted
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 250 g Asparagus I like to use the smaller, young variety
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic crushed
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 6 Eggs
- 100 g Feta Cheese Crumbled or cubed ( 3.5 oz )
- 1/4 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 6 slices Deli Meat Prosciutto or any shaved, smoked ham
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Roll out the Puff Pastry – paste a little water on all the sides and fold over to form an edge – place on the baking sheet and prick several times with a fork – bake 10 minutes
Meanwhile, heat the Olive Oil in a skillet – add the Asparagus and Garlic – cook and stir for 3 minutes – remove from heat and season with Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Remove the Puff Pastry from the oven (if it has puffed a lot – prick a few times and press gently in order for the air to escape)
Arrange the Asparagus on the Pastry, inside the edges – Break the Eggs one at a time and add onto the Pastry as well – season with Salt and Black Pepper to taste – bake another 10 – 15 minutes, depending on the way you like your Eggs cooked
- Remove from the oven – sprinkle the Feta cheese and Parsley over and arrange the Deli meat on top
Give it a minute or so to settle. Slice and serve with fresh fruit and yogurt on the side.
You Might Also Like – for dessert !