Best Easter Blondies ? Definitely try these Easter Blondies with Maltesers recipe ! It is also not only for Easter but the best Blondies recipe overall.
I have been craving Blondies for a while now. Looking for the best Easter Blondies recipe ? This is definitely the best Blondie recipe in general !
Unlike the usual Easter Egg Blondies, these Malted milk powder Blondies are just awesome in taste.
Not only tasty, but the bars have everything a Blondie should have – crispy edges and a chewy center !
What is the difference between a brownie and a blondie ?
I get this question quite a lot, simply put :
A Blondie is the non-cacao version of a brownie, in other words not chocolatey. I would also say the texture of a Blondie is more chewy and a Brownie is more of a gooey treat.
Easter desserts tend to be chocolate, chocolate and even more chocolate ! Therefore this recipe for Easter Blondies is a delicious, non-chocolate centered treat to add to your Easter dessert bar.
The unexpected crispiness of the Maltesers also add a nice texture, taste and touch to these Blondie bars.
Feel free to use any alternatives to decorate your Easter Blondies with. Or as I mentioned, decorate to suit for the occasion as these Blondie are most definitely NOT only for Easter !
Get your Easter Baking list going and I hope you do add these Easter Blondie bars to your Easter desserts list. They are totally worth it and so quick and easy to make too.
The absolute best Blondie recipe by far !
More Easter Recipes you might like:
- Easter Kit-Kat Cake
- Asparagus and Egg EASTER Brunch
- Easter Egg Cupcakes
- Caramel Meringue Easter Nests
- Orange Juice Glazed Carrots
- 180 grams Unsalted Butter, melted ( 6 oz/ 1 1/2 sticks )
- 2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 3 extra-large Eggs
- 1 cup Malted Milk Powder, ( Ovaltine or Milo is great )
- 1 1/4 cups Flour, all purpose
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 35 Maltesers
- 50 grams White Chocolate, melted (melt just before using)
- 12 small Easter Chocolate Bunnies, to decorate
- 20 Mini Easter Eggs, jelly filled, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C ( 350 deg F ) - line a 20 x 20cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) baking tin with baking paper. I line cross-over and let the edges hang over the sides for easy removal
- Beat together the melted Butter and Sugar until smooth - beat in the eggs one by one
- Add the Flour, Malt Powder and Baking Powder to the Sugar mixture - stir well to combine (or beat on low for 30 seconds) - stir in the Maltesers
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking tin and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked around the edges and still slightly wobbly in the centre
- Cool completely, then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set completely
- Remove from the refrigerator, drizzle with melted Chocolate and quickly stick on the Chocolate Bunnies and the mini Easter Eggs (if using) - slice into 12 bars and serve
These Easter malted milk Blondie bars keep well in a sealed container for around 3 days
Serving Size1 Bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 624Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 404mgSodium 262mgCarbohydrates 77gFiber 2gSugar 59gProtein 16g
Nutrition value is not always accurate