Irish Dirt Pudding is a quick and easy dessert for St Patrick’s Day (with printable toppers link) – all standard pantry ingredients.
I think it is about time for another St Patrick’s day post ! Don’t you just love the color of this dessert?
To top it all, it was delicious ! We do not have Mint Instant Pudding or any pudding in this particular color, so, I decided to make my own Peppermint green Irish dirt pudding.
I layered them in two different ways and used printables found on the internet. The link is further down, if you would like to print some for yourself.
I added one printable as a topper using a small plastic fries fork, and the other one I punched a hole into, threaded through the print and attached it around the bottom of the glass’ stem.
This is really one of the easiest, most inexpensive desserts and all the ingredients are plain old pantry staples.
Make two large desserts or you can make up to six smaller desserts. The way you want to arrange the layers are totally up to you.
The link to the above printables are from KROMA DESIGN and can be found HERE .
More St Patrick’s Day recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
Irish Dirt Pudding
- 1 box Vanilla Instant Pudding, (4 servings size) - see notes below for alternative
- Milk, as per box, but use 10% less
- 1 t Peppermint Essence, see notes below
- Few drops Green Food Coloring, as much or as little as you prefer
- 8 Oreo Cookies, crumbled
- Prepare the Vanilla Pudding with the Milk – add the Peppermint Essence and the Food coloring, mix only until well combined (over mixing will interfere with the setting of the pudding).
- Layer the Pudding and the crumbled Oreo Cookies as you wish.
- If available use Peppermint Instant Pudding and omit the Peppermint Essence in the recipe
Serving Size1 Large Serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 196.6Total Fat 4.7gSaturated Fat 1.3gUnsaturated Fat 2gCarbohydrates 27gFiber 0.7gSugar 26.3gProtein 0.7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Chill until ready to serve. Although, you can serve this almost straight away, as the pudding sets fairly quickly.