I think these Chocolate Snow Balls look very much like real snow balls ! But they definitely look different on the inside, and are much tastier than I imagine snow balls would taste.
I added some blue edible glitter to give it a more icy look. The filling consists of only two ingredients, but one would never guess that, as they taste absolutely delicious.
The cookies I have used in this recipe also contain coconut, which of course is one of my favorite ingredients in most dishes – savory or sweet.
Any chocolate sandwich cookie can be used – Oreos, Romany Creams (which I have used) or whatever your favorite is.
Chocolate Snow Balls
- 400 g Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos/Romany Creams) ( 12.5 oz )
- 250 g Cream Cheese plain, softened ( 8 oz )
- 400 g White Chocolate (good quality) ( 12.5 oz )
- Edible Blue Glitter (optional)
- Process the Cookies until fine in a food processor – add the Cream Cheese and process until a ball forms
Remove and shape into small balls (size depends on your preference) – place on a wax paper lined baking sheet – freeze for 30 minutes
Melt the White Chocolate (microwave or stove top) – dip each ball into the melted Chocolate and place back on the wax paper – chill 3 minutes – remove and sprinkle with Edible Glitter (if using)
Chill until firm (10 – 20 minutes)