Lemon Chicken and Rice Summer Casserole is a No-Fuss, one dish Chicken and Rice casserole with vegetables. A Quick, easy all-in-one dinner casserole !
Casseroles are most definitely one of the most convenient meals to prepare and cook or bake. I make this lemon Chicken and Rice Summer casserole at least once every two weeks.
You can skip the marinating part if you are in a hurry, but I do try to always marinate the Chicken, just to get that extra bit of zestiness.
Other than the marinade bit, it is dump and bake and ready to be served with maybe one side salad.
Also feel free to experiment with the vegetables, I use what I have available at the time. However, my favorite combination is definitely the Carrots and Green Beans !
Not only because their flavors go so well together, but it makes the dish very colorful and appetizing as well.
Last thing – do not forget the Lemon wedges on the side ! This makes the dish outstanding and ever so fresh in taste (I’d rather leave it out for little ones however!).
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
Connect with us :
Lemon Chicken and Rice Summer Casserole
- 8 Chicken pieces (Drumsticks and Thighs)
- 1 t Salt
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 2 TB Parsley, chopped, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Rice, long grain
- 3 Carrots, peeled and cut into rings
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Green Beans (chopped smaller or whole)
- Lemon Wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Combine the Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice and 1 TB Parsley in a small bowl
- Place the Chicken in a marinade container with a lid – pour the Lemon mixture over and marinate for 30 – 45 minutes, turning twice
- Sprinkle the Rice on the bottom of the oven dish – arrange the Chicken on top – add the Carrots
- Pour over the Chicken Stock and sprinkle the remaining Parsley and the Lemon Zest over – cover with a lid or aluminum foil – bake 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven – add the Green Beans, cover and return to the oven for another 30 minutes or until fully cooked (remove the cover for the last 10 minutes of baking)
- Serve with Lemon wedges on the side
Amount Per Serving Calories 209 Total Fat 8g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 593mg Carbohydrates 24g Fiber 3g Sugar 5g Protein 11g