Whether you’re feeding a crowd or only a few family members, these very tasty Breakfast Burritos are ideal for brunches.
Anyone for Breakfast Burritos ?? You can always count me in for Burritos, especially for breakfast or brunch.
The recipe below is for 12 servings but you can easily half the ingredients if you are not feeding a crowd or just a very, very hungry family !
And these Burritos are not only for Breakfast, but can be served as lunch or even dinner with a side salad or two. We actually often have breakfast dishes for dinner, but I do try to avoid serving eggs (in any form) too late in the evening.
One of our local frozen food’s suppliers have these small (250 grams – about 1/2 pound) bags of frozen chopped mixed Bell Peppers and they even have chopped Onions.
Now the Onions I only buy a bag or two now and then, as Onions are always in season, but to have the Bell Peppers in the freezer is so convenient, especially when the fresh Peppers are out of season or very expensive.
But in the end, nothing beats good old fresh Bell Peppers or any vegetable/fruit for that matter. You can use whichever, but defrost and drain well before use, if you decide on using the frozen kind.
- 250 g Bacon cooked but not crisp ( 8 oz )
- 12 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 2 TB Butter divided
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 1 cup Bell Peppers, Green, Yellow and Red chopped
- 12 Large Tortillas
- 2 cups Salsa homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray 2 large oven dishes with cooking oil
- Chop the cooked Bacon and set aside
- Beat together the Eggs, Milk, Salt and Pepper – set aside
- Melt 1 tablespoon Butter in a large skillet – saute the Onion and Peppers until soft – reduce heat to low – add the remaining Butter and the Egg mixture – stir-fry until the Eggs are scrambled and still a little moist – stir through the Bacon
- Spoon mixture onto each Tortilla and fold over Burrito style – arrange 6 each in the prepared oven dishes
- Pour the Salsa over – sprinkle with Cheese – cover with aluminum foil and bake 25 minutes or until the Cheese has melted
Add some greenery – parsley, chives etc (optional) and serve immediately.