How to make Chocolate cups and a Peppermint Ice-Cream filling are extremely easy to make (semi-homemade and NO ice-cream machine required) and perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
These Peppermint Chocolate Ice-Cream Cups are perfect to serve on St Patrick’s day or any other day if you are a fan of either Peppermint treats or Ice-Cream.
As you can see, I have just removed mine from the freezer to take a few pics (see the icy bits on the Chocolate Cups ?). I had to work fast as the Ice-Cream I used, my favorite brand, goes soft very quickly, not melting soft, just soft.
It only takes two ingredients to make the Ice-Cream.
Therefore if making the Chocolate Cups seem like too much work (which it really is not!), scoop the Ice-Cream into a bowl or a cone. Top with the Mint Crunch and some gold nugget sprinkles to get the mood going for St Patrick’s Day.
Use any kind of Mint if Mint Crunch is unavailable for the topping. I love the chewiness of this specific brand of Mint Crunch which I can only get at our local baking supply store.
The Ice-Cream scoops out of the Chocolate Cups easily after a minute or two. That is if you are using a good quality Ice-Cream, which I highly recommend.
And out and up it goes into … my mouth! Had to get the first bite after all the photo taking !
These ice-cream filled Chocolate Cups are really easy to make. And it only takes 3 ingredients, excluding the decorations.
More Peppermint treats you might like:
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Peppermint Fudge Cookie Balls
- Double Peppermint Oreo Bark
- Peppermint Crisp Cupcakes
Peppermint Chocolate Ice-Cream Cups
- 300 g Dark or Milk Chocolate, good eating quality, melted ( 10.5 oz )
- 2 1/2 cups Vanilla Ice-Cream, slightly softened
- 1 cup Peppermint Crisp Chocolate , crushed/grated (or similar peppermint chocolate)
- Mint Crunch, to sprinkle, optional
- Gold Nugget Sprinkles, optional
- Use 8 cupcake liners or silicone cupcake cups and make the Chocolate Cups as follows : Paint a layer of Chocolate on the inside of each liner/cup (it does not have to be perfect – this is only your starting base) – place on a baking sheet and into the freezer compartment for a minute or two – remove and repeat the painting of the inside – into the freezer again for another minute or so – if it looks strong enough, the Cups are ready to use, otherwise give it a third brush
- Mix the Vanilla Ice-Cream and the crushed/grated Peppermint Crisp thoroughly – scoop into the Chocolate Cups – freeze until solid (about one hour)
- Remove the cupcake liners/silicone cups gently – sprinkle with the Mint Crunch and Sprinkles (if using) and serve immediately
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Servings Serving Size 1 Filled Cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 28mgSodium 95mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 29gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate