All your favorites in this Double Peppermint Oreo Bark ! Chocolate, Oreos, Peppermint – and packed in a small box or bag this makes the ideal gift
What do you do with Chocolate, Oreos and Candy ? Well, you make some Bark ! I have made 2 batches of this double Chocolate Oreo Bark already and both times, they were gone in a flash.
Bark is one of my favorite sweet treats as I can control what goes into it and what not.
Of course there are like a zillion different kinds of Chocolates with various ingredients and combinations, but I think when we crave a certain flavor (or texture) it is best to make it yourself.
Making Bark is also so convenient and versatile because there are no strict rules or any kind of rule really.
Add as much or as little of an ingredient as you like ! Or leave out something you do not specifically like and trade it for something else you’d rather have.
I wanted mine very Pepperminty. Therefore the added Peppermint Crunch which also adds color to the Bark and at Christmas time everything is really about color and fun, of which the primary colors are red and green.
In the above photo you can see I have packed a largish chunk of the Double Peppermint Oreo Bark in a plastic gift bag. I think this is the perfect gift for neighbors or colleagues at work.
Quick, simple to make but a bit more personal than a store bought slab of chocolate.
One thing I need to mention (if you are new to making Bark) – use enough melted Chocolate to help set all the toppings – don’t skimp on that.
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- Salted Caramel Truffles
- Mini Caramel Pies
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
Double Peppermint Oreo Bark
- 200 g Dark or Milk Chocolate, melted ( 7 oz )
- 8 Oreo Cookies, chopped roughly
- 100 g White Chocolate, Melted ( 3.5 oz )
- 1/3 cup Candy Cane, crushed
- 2-3 TB Peppermint Crunch
- Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet
- Pour the Dark or Milk Chocolate in the center of the wax paper – using a tablespoon, spread the Chocolate out to your desired thickness (mine was about 20 x 30 centimeters – 9 x 12 inches)
- Sprinkle immediately with the Oreo Cookies – use the back of the spoon to lightly press down the Oreo pieces
- Pour the White Chocolate over the Oreo layer (try to reach all the areas where the Oreo Cookies might not have adhered to the bottom layer of Chocolate)
- Lastly sprinkle over the Candy Cane and the Peppermint Crunch – pressing down with the spoon again (gently!) – chill for 20 – 30 minutes or until hardened
The nutritional value below is for the entire recipe as bark is broken into many different sizes
Yield1 Baking Sheet
Serving Size1 Baking Sheet
Amount Per Serving Calories 2337 Total Fat 110g Saturated Fat 62g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 27g Cholesterol 67mg Sodium 639mg Carbohydrates 319g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 10g Sugar 246g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 24g
Remove the wax paper, break into pieces and enjoy !