Strawberry Cream Cheese Flan – Fresh Strawberries and cream cheese make this a delicious, creamy Summer dessert recipe and perfect for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day too !
We are fortunate in the sense that Strawberries are always available in South-Africa. Throughout Winter, although a bit smaller, one could get Strawberries at most supermarkets and fruit and veg markets.
I used a store-bought Flan Base, the filling was quick to make and took only an hour to set.
This suited me just fine today, as I had some curtains to make and a few other bits and pieces for the kitchen and the laundry.
There was also no need to cook today, because there were quite a bit of left-overs from yesterdays braai (BBQ). My kids are MIA again, therefore it was only hubby, a friend of my son’s living with us, and myself to feed.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Flan
- 1 box Strawberry Jello ( 4 servings size )
- 150 ml Boiling Water ( 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons )
- 1 TB Caster Sugar ( heaped tablespoon )
- 125 g Full-Fat Cream Cheese softened ( 4 oz )
- 175 ml Plain Greek Yogurt ( 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons )
- 1 Store-bough Flan Base 20 cm ( 8 inch diameter )
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries sliced
- 2 TB Redcurrant Jelly
Dissolve the Strawberry Jello and the Caster Sugar in the Boiling Water – set aside to cool
Meanwhile beat the Cream Cheese and Yogurt until smooth
Once the Jello has cooled, beat in with the Cream Cheese and Yogurt – place in refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes
- Remove filling from the refrigerator and pour into the Flan Base – arrange the Strawberry slices on top
- Heat the Redcurrant Jelly until melted and drizzle over the dessert
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving
Total time does not include chilling time
Enjoy this beautiful, delicious dessert!
You Might Also Like :