Strawberry Cream Cheese Flan is topped with fresh Strawberries and a cream cheese filling make this a delicious, creamy dessert recipe.
We are fortunate in the sense that Strawberries are always available in South-Africa.
Throughout Winter, although a bit smaller, one could get Strawberries at most supermarkets and fruit and vegetable markets.
Images and some text updated December 2020
I use a store-bought Flan Base (see image below), the filling is so quick to make and takes only an hour to set.
You can of course make your own Flan if you prefer. I just keep one of these store bought Flans on hand for a quick dessert.
This suited me just fine today, as I had some curtains to make and a few other bits and pieces for the kitchen and the laundry.
There was also no need to cook today, because there were quite a bit of left-overs from yesterdays braai (BBQ).
This Strawberry Creamy Flan is perfect for Valentine’s Day as well as Mother’s Day. And a winner when it is your turn to take the dessert to a potluck gathering.
More Dessert recipes you might like:
- Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Tiramisu Pie
- Pineapple Lemon Cheesecake Cream Pie
- Light Lemon Cheesecake Bars
Connect with us :
Strawberry Cream Cheese Flan
- 1 box Strawberry Jello, ( 4 servings size )
- 150 ml Boiling Water, ( 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons )
- 1 TB Caster Sugar, ( superfine sugar )
- 125 g Full-Fat Cream Cheese, softened ( 4 oz )
- 175 ml Plain Greek Yogurt, ( 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons )
- 1 Store-bough Flan Base, 20 cm ( 8 inch diameter )
- 1 cup Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 2 TB Redcurrant Jelly, or Cranberry Jelly
- Dissolve the Strawberry Jello and the Caster Sugar in the Boiling Water – set aside to cool
- Meanwhile beat the Cream Cheese and Yogurt until smooth
- Once the Jello has cooled, beat in with the Cream Cheese and Yogurt – place in refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes
- Remove filling from the refrigerator and pour into the Flan Base – arrange the Strawberry slices on top
- Heat the Redcurrant Jelly until melted and drizzle over the dessert
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 34mgSodium 83mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Enjoy this beautiful, delicious dessert!