Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is a decadent layered dessert, consisting of a crust, creamy Cheesecake filling, and a delightful Mousse – all topped with additional chunks of Oreo Chocolate
Pure decadence ! Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake is a layered delight, a crust, slightly tart Cheesecake filling, Oreo Chocolate Mousse and additional Oreo Chocolate chunks to top it all off very nicely.
I served the Cheesecake with Strawberries on the side, and used only one Strawberry to add some color to the Cheesecake. The Berries are optional, but I recommend adding them (if available).
The Cheesecake is extremely rich, what with all the cream, cream cheese and chocolate, therefore I serve the Cheesecake in smaller than usual portions, but that is entirely up to you.
The servings can most definitely be stretched to 16 portions, which, in the end, makes this an economical recipe. Perfect when you need to take a dessert to work, serve at your next book club meeting, or to a family/friends gathering.
I did not mention the big bonus yet ! This Cheesecake is also a no-bake recipe ! Yep, I know we all love no-bake desserts. Not that I have anything against a good old-fashioned baked Cheesecake.
Just look at all that creaminess ! The Mousse layer is so simple to make, but most definitely the best part … by far !
I know ingredients differ from country to country, but seeing as this is an Oreo Chocolate, it should be available everywhere. I have used the Chocolate in the photo above. It is a Milk chocolate with pieces of Oreo cookie in.
Delicious on it’s own, and even better in this Cheesecake recipe – promise!
Are you drooling yet ? I know I am …again, and we had this Cheesecake only a couple of days ago. Definitely a dessert we will have many times in future !
Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- 150 g Plain Cookies finely crumbled ( 5 oz )
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk ( 14 oz )
- 500 g Cream Cheese plain, softened ( 16 oz )
- 1 Lemon juice only
- 1 TB Gelatin plus 1 teaspoon extra
- 2 TB Cold Water in small microwavable bowl
- 1 cup Fresh Cream whipped
- 1 cup Fresh Cream whipped
- 120 g Oreo Chocolate melted ( 4.5 oz )
- 120 g Oreo Chpcolate roughly chopped ( 4.5 oz )
- Berries of your choice (optional)
- Crust: Combine the plain Cookie crumbs and the Butter – press into the bottom of a – sprayed with cooking oil – 23cm ( 9 inch ) springform pan and place in the refrigerator until the Cheesecake filling is done
- Beat together the Condensed Milk, Cream Cheese and Lemon juice until smooth – sprinkle the Gelatin over the Water – let stand for a few minutes until spongy – microwave 10 – 15 seconds until the Gelatin is dissolved – remove and let cool slightly. Whilst beating the Cream Cheese mixture add the Gelatin slowly – mix well – fold the whipped Cream into the mixture – pour onto the prepared crust – refrigerate at least two hours or until set
- Fold melted Oreo Chocolate into the whipped Cream – spoon over the Cheesecake layer – return to the refrigerator until set
- Carefully remove the Cheesecake from the springform pan and transfer to a serving plate – sprinkle over the chopped Oreo Chocolate
Total time excludes Chilling time
Garnish with Berries (if using) and serve.