The easiest Rolo Cupcakes recipe with a gooey center and a delicious Caramel-cream frosting. Serve at parties, for dessert or as a tea time treat
Deliciously moist with a gooey, chocolatey center !
Rolo Cupcakes are definitely my new favorite cupcake, especially since I only have to scoop the very creamy frosting on top.
These two combinations – the gooey center and the creamy frosting – just work so well with these cupcakes. I would make them everyday had I the choice (and luxury!) of having such rich, sweet treats that often.
But I do not think there are many of us who can eat something awesome like these Rolo cupcakes, and not have any (weight-wise) regrets the next day.
I baked Rolo cupcakes before, however the outcome was not the same. The Rolo candies I pressed into the batter before, did not melt and go all gooey.
This time round I broke each Rolo in half and then stuck them into the batter. As you can see, much better.
If canned caramel condensed milk is not available, you can always try a little Dulce de Leche (homemade or store-bought).
More Cupcake recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Carrot Cake Cupcakes
- Peppermint Crisp Cupcakes
- Chocolate Liqueur Cupcakes
- Ginger Bread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
Connect with us :
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 2 TB Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs, extra-large
- 2/3 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/3 cup Flour
- 1/2 TB Baking Powder
- 1/8 t Salt
- 12 Rolo Candies
CREAMY CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream)
- 2 TB Caramel Condensed Milk (or Dulce de Leche)
- 12 Rolo Candies, to top
- CUPCAKES: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 12 hole cupcake pan with liners
- Heat the Milk in a small saucepan – add the Cocoa Powder – mix well – remove from heat when combined
- Add the Oil to the Cocoa-Milk – whisk to mix
- In a medium bowl – beat together the Eggs and Caster Sugar until light and fluffy – mix in the Vanilla
- Sift together the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a medium mixing bowl – add the Flour mixture, alternatively with the Milk mixture to the beaten Eggs – mix well
- Fill each liner 3/4 full of the batter – press in one Rolo into each cupcake batter – bake 12 – 15 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely
- FROSTING: Beat the Fresh Cream until stiff peaks form – stir in the Caramel – pipe or spoon over each cupcake and top with the chopped Rolo candies
Serving Size1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 272Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 63mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate