Chocolate Liqueur Cupcakes are most DIVINE ! With Chocolate Liqueur in the batter and in the Ganache-like frosting as well – perfect for special occasions
These Chocolate Liqueur Cupcakes are to die for divine ! I wanted to create a somewhat different chocolate cupcake, than the normal double chocolate or rich chocolate cupcakes.
By somewhat I mean there is still double chocolate (the Cocoa and the Liqueur) as well as richness in these delightful cupcakes. But the taste is so much better .. oh, and definitely not for kiddies !
I decided to use one of my standard chocolate cupcake recipes.
However, I omitted the Milk in the batter and replaced it with the Chocolate Liqueur. You can go half Milk and half Liqueur if you wish.
The frosting had me thinking for a while. But when I’d gone through my pantry, I found a forgotten (how is that even possible!!) can of Pillsbury Chocolate Frosting.
I bought this back in November and it simply skipped my mind that I had some.
But, I wanted more – in texture and in flavor ! As I was not sure how the combination would turn out, I first tried mixing only a little bit of the Frosting and a few drops of Liqueur.
After some small adjustments, I had exactly what I wanted.
The Frosting is more of a Ganache after I added the Liqueur and not as firm as plain Frosting would be.
That suited me just fine – the taste is phenomenal ! Guess who totally licked the bowl and every bit of cutlery with Frosting still stuck on it 😉
- Remember you can use less Liqueur in the Frosting.
- And as I mentioned above, you can also use half Milk and half Liqueur in the batter for these scrumptious Chocolate Liqueur Cupcakes.
More Chocolate treat recipes you might like:
Chocolate Liqueur Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 1/4 t Salt
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Liqueur
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups Ready made Chocolate Frosting (I like Pillsbury)
- 3 TB Chocolate Liqueur
- Sprinkles (optional)
- CUPCAKES: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 12 hole cupcake pan with paper liners or spray with cooking oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the Cocoa, Flour, Sugar. Baking Powder and Salt
- Add the Egg, Water, Liqueur, Oil and Vanilla to the dry ingredients – beat 2 – 3 minutes until well combined
- Divide the batter between the 12 liners – bake 18 – 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven – let sit for 5 minutes – remove from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack – allow to cool completely
- FROSTING: Meanwhile, mix together the Frosting and Liqueur – place in the refrigerator to firm up a little
- Pipe or spread the Frosting over the Cupcakes, decorate with Sprinkles (if using) and serve
Serving Size1 Cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 349Total Fat 11.9gSaturated Fat 5.3gUnsaturated Fat 0.4gCarbohydrates 53.3gFiber 1.5gSugar 41.9gProtein 2.2g
Pipe or spread the Frosting over the Cupcakes, decorate with Sprinkles (if using) and serve.