Strawberry and Marshmallow Mousse is Rosewater infused Strawberry topped with a Liqueur based Marshmallow topping, all in a jar ~ simple, but this Summer’s most decadent dessert !
We enjoyed this Strawberry and Marshmallow Mousse dessert in a jar so much, I wanted to make it for dessert the following night again !
It is such a simple, but oh so delicious, recipe and you can use just about any liqueur in the mousse. As long as it goes with strawberries of course.
I think this would be great to make in a slightly bigger jar, leaving enough space to put the lid on and take with on a picnic or to a social gathering.
The Rosewater combined with the Caster Sugar gives the Strawberries in the bottom, the most delicious taste thinkable.
It is also such a pretty dessert, don’t you agree ? The Marshmallow mixture is firm enough to pipe over if you like more of a swirly kind of thing.
I was not in the mood for a piping bag and sticky marshmallows therefore I only spooned the mixture over the Strawberries and ran a spoon all around.
You might also like:
Connect with us :
Strawberry and Marshmallow Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups Strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 2 t Rosewater
- 1 TB Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 24 Marshmallows, white, regular size
- 2 TB English Toffee Liqueur
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream, ( whipping cream / double cream )
- extra Strawberries, to top
- Mint Leaves, to garnish
- Place the Strawberries, Rosewater and Caster Sugar in a small mixing bowl – stir to mix well – set aside
- Heat the Marshmallows in a large microwavable bowl – about 30 seconds – until puffed – remove from the microwave and add the Liqueur – stir until smooth – let cool
- Meanwhile, whip the Cream until stiff peaks form – mix in a little of the whipped Cream into the Marshmallow mixture and then fold in all the Marshmallow into the remaining whipped Cream
- Scoop the chopped Strawberries into 4 serving jars/glasses or bowls – spoon or pipe over the Marshmallow mixture
- Top with the extra Strawberries and garnish with a Mint leaf
- Keep chilled until ready to serve
- Rosewater can be found in the same aisle as Vanilla essence and other baking ingredients
Keep chilled until ready to serve.