Serve these creamy, crammed with Shrimp, croquettes as an appetizer, snack or light meal
Whether you are looking for an appetizer, snack or light dinner, these Shrimp Croquettes with Lemon Pepper Dip will be perfect.
The filling is so creamy and crammed with tiny pieces of Shrimp it can really be served with or without the Lemon Pepper Dip.
It might look like a lot of work, but if you make the dough the night before (which only takes about 10 minutes) most of the work will be done already.
The dough does however need at least 3 hours of chilling time in the refrigerator, therefore I highly recommend you make it the night before, especially if you have a full-time job.
Prepare the dip whilst the Shrimp Croquettes are frying – place in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
These Croquettes were just as delicious cold as they were when served hot. Perfect to take on a picnic !
More seafood recipes you might like:
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shrimp Springrolls
- Quick Tuna Melt Nachos
- Easy Lemon and Onion Fish
- Mussels in Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce
Connect with us :
Shrimp Croquettes with Lemon Pepper Dip
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 1/3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 t Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup Shrimp, cooked and chopped
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1/8 t Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 TB Water
- 2 cups Dried Breadcrumbs
- Oil, for deep-frying
LEMON PEPPER DIP
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TB Sriracha Sauce
- 2 t Lemon Pepper
- 1 t Lemon Juice, fresh
- Heat the Olive Oil in a saucepan - add the Flour and stir until bubbly - add in the Milk slowly, stirring continuously.
- Add the Chicken Stock and the Lemon Zest - keep stirring until mixture has thickened (it will pull away from the saucepan's sides)
- Add the Shrimp, Salt and Black Pepper - stir well - cool completely and transfer to a container with a lid - chill in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Shape the dough in small oval shapes.
- Beat together the Eggs and Water and place in a medium bowl.
- Place the Dried Breadcrumbs on a plate or bowl.
- Heat the Oil for deep frying until it has reached a medium heat.
- Roll the shaped Shrimp dough in the Egg and then in the Breadcrumbs - fry until golden - remove and drain on paper towels - repeat until all the dough has been used.
LEMON PEPPER DIP
- Combine all the ingredients for the dip and keep chilled until ready to serve.
Serving Size1 Croquette
Amount Per Serving Calories 134Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 25mgSodium 234mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 4g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve the Dip with the Shrimp Croquettes.