Mussels in Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce makes the perfect appetizer before the main dinner dish and is an elegant dish for entertaining.
Mussels in Lemon Garlic-Butter Sauce is one of the most delicious appetizers (or starters as it is known in some countries) and it is so easy to make at home.
No need to go to a restaurant when you are craving Mussels in a creamy sauce. Not to mention how pricey seafood restaurants are these days.
I remember a time when we had dinner at least twice a month at a close-by seafood restaurant. Good old days !
Of course Mussels are not only available as an appetizer in seafood restaurants, but many Steakhouses also have them on their menus.
This recipe is so saucy, exactly what I want in an appetizer of this kind. Just imagine, mopping up the Garlic-Buttery sauce with a crusty slice of bread .. mmm, totally delicious !
We always, but always finish a batch, whether we are four sharing or only two of us.
I also like to serve the Mussels in the skillet it was cooked in, all of us tucking in with our little Mussel forks, and especially dipping bread in the sauce !
But, seating arrangements, or when I make these for more than three or four people, are not always suitable for sharing from one skillet and then I use small, not too deep, bowls (or rather a plate-bowl, if you know what I mean) to serve the Mussels individually.
The serving also depends on your eaters … sharing is fine with the immediate family, or even close friends.
However you can serve this dish in separate bowls, if for instance you have colleagues, or new friends over for dinner.
More Appetizer recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
Mussels In Lemon garlic-Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 cup Fresh Cream, (whipping cream)
- 450 grams Half Shell Mussels, ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Lemon, juice and zest
- 1/2 cup Parsley, chopped
- Melt the Butter in a large skillet (with a lid) – saute the Onion, Garlic and Chili Flakes until soft
- Add the White Wine and simmer until reduced by two thirds – add the Cream and simmer 2 – 3 minutes
- Add the Mussels and cover the skillet – over low heat, steam the Mussels until cooked – about 8 – 10 minutes
- Remove from heat – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – stir through the Lemon Juice, finely grated Zest and Parsley
Amount Per Serving Calories 372Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 94mgSodium 294mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve immediately as an appetizer with lots of fresh, crusty bread slices.