Chocolate Marshmallow Jello Bars ~ Four Layers of pure delight and this delicacy is so quick and easy to make, and we never have any leftovers
Four layers of delight in these Chocolate Marshmallow Jello Bars !
They were so easy to make and to cut them into neat bars were extremely easy.
There is a cookie crust with a chocolate layer, followed by marshmallow and ending off with a jello layer.
I was a little beware of the jello layer as I thought it might slide off from the marshmallow layer, but it did not – everything stayed nicely in place.
Chocolate Marshmallow Jello Bars
- 200 g Shortbread Cookies finely crumbled, your favorite brand or homemade ( 7 oz )
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 200 g Dark Chocolate good eating quality ( 7 oz )
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream)
- 350 g White Marshmallows ( 12 oz )
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 box Orange Jello (4 serving size box)
- Water as per Jello box
Combine the Shortbread crumbs and the Butter – press into the bottom of a baking paper lined, 20 x 20cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) dish – place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Melt together the Dark Chocolate and Cream until smooth – spoon over the chilled crust and place back in the refrigerator until set
- Place the Marshmallows and Cream in a large saucepan – stir over medium heat until smooth – pour over the Chocolate layer – return to the refrigerator
- Meanwhile, prepare the Jello as per the instructions on the box – place in the refrigerator until set
- Once the Jello has set, whisk quickly and pour/spread over the Marshmallow – return to the refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Cut into bars and serve
Total Time does not include setting time
You Might Also Like: