Fruit Cocktail Caramel Poke Cake is gooey and so syrupy ! Serve this cake cold in Summer and warm in Winter with a dollop of ice-cream
Today’s recipe is fruity and so moist with the caramel sauce. Even though the poking is done with a fork, I think this Fruit Cocktail Caramel Poke Cake deserves the “poke”part.
It is such an easy recipe, and if you like really, really sweet treats, this cake is for you !
You can serve the cake warm or cold. Warm with ice-cream and cold with, not too sweet, whipped cream. This makes the recipe a year round favorite in our house !
Seeing as you use canned fruit, this cake is definitely not seasonally bound.
The sauce totally drench the cake, but slicing into servings is a breeze. When serving warm, wait a few minutes before slicing.
However, when serving cold, it is much easier to slice and keep shape.
More Cake recipes you might like:
Fruit Cocktail Caramel Cake
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter
- 3 Eggs, extra-large
- 1 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1/2 t Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 can (820 g) Fruit Cocktail, ( 28 oz ) drained and chopped into smaller pieces
- 1 can (410 g) Evaporated Milk ( 13 oz )
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 t Caramel Extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Spray a 20 x 30 cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) oven dish with cooking spray
- CAKE: Beat the Sugar and Butter until creamy – add the Eggs one by one, beating after each addition
- Sift together the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt and mix in with the Sugar mixture – add the Milk, mix until well combined and finally add the Fruit pieces – stir gently to mix
- Transfer the batter to the prepared oven dish and bake for 30 – 40 minutes
- SAUCE: A Few minutes before the baking time is over, make the Caramel sauce – heat the Evaporated Milk, Sugar and Caramel extract in a medium saucepan until boiling point
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes
- Remove cake from the oven and poke several times with a fork – pour the hot Caramel sauce over and let stand a few minutes before serving (or cool completely if serving cold)
Amount Per Serving Calories 272.8 Total Fat 6.9g Saturated Fat 3.8g Unsaturated Fat 2.6g Protein 5g